Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

President of Venezuela

1. Nov 9, 2003 #1
    Tell me about him, and what he offers to the future of Venezuela, tell me about the conflict within Venezuela...
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2003 #2
    Geez, No one knows anything about this guy? Ill do a little research if no one responds within a day or two.
  4. Nov 10, 2003 #3
    You mean the popular democratically elected leader of Venezuela? The one who was overthrown by U.S.-backed terrorists?
  5. Nov 10, 2003 #4
    Well, im not sure, please explain the situation of Venezuela as a whole to me...

And although i know you have some bias ideas, try not to be bias in explaining this.
  6. Nov 10, 2003 #5
    You call it bias, I call it truth. Chavez is pro-Venezuelan, very popular, not perfect but not bad for his country either. He is also a thorn in the side of profiteers and foreign investors. Earlier this year, he was overthrown by military and business interests in his country. The U.S. supported the coup, even though he was democratically elected twice, and the 'rebels' immediately started dismantling democracy in the country. With teh support of the people, the coup was overthrown, and Chavez was returned to power.
  7. Nov 10, 2003 #6
    I was asking for a more in-depth response, in which opinions would probably be given.

You see, as of right now, All i know about venezuela currently is that coccaine and oil are exported. Thats it, See how lost i am? Explain to me everything, or direct me to a source that will.
  8. Nov 10, 2003 #7
    Ever hear of Google? Mind me asking what your specific interest is?
  9. Nov 10, 2003 #8
    I am in a competetive speaking club, in which you get a topic 30 minutes before your speak. I once recieved a topic about what do you in venezuela, so now i am curious.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?