Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Presidential election stolen?

1. Oct 12, 2005 #1

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Question: Do you think the 2004 United States Presidential election was stolen via some (any) form of vote fraud?

Don't worry, guys, I'm not going to argue it here. I just want to know what people actually think. For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting some people to state explicitly what their actual opinion is.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You just can't leave well enough alone can you people...

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

4. Oct 12, 2005 #3
    I voted yes. Every election, every vote is stealing liberty from the people. :biggrin:

5. Oct 12, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No matter the explanation for the voting machines, disinformation in regards to national defense is certainly a form of election fraud, so I voted yes.

As for the rest, I find it more likely than not that various forms of fraud occurred including possibly rigged machines, and certainly intimidation, destruction or loss of voter registration forms, games played wrt the proper location to vote, and I think a few more things that occurred that I don't remember at the moment.

6. Oct 12, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yes, we all know this happened quite frequently. The Republicans were also caught making a few mistakes here and there.

7. Oct 12, 2005 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Funny how nearly every Bush supporters responds to examples of fraud the same way: they do it too!!! I think my little sister also used that excuse frequently; when she was still a child.

8. Oct 12, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh so is that how you excuse the massive voter fraud perpetrated by the Democratic Party? Name calling? I see...

Ideologs at their best :rolleyes:

The thing that seperates a liberal from a conservative is that a conservative accepts the fact that both sides screw around. We also don't put up threads of every fart in the wind that might help our ideology look better no matter how hypocritical it might be.

9. Oct 12, 2005 #8
    Sure, when the party you don't agree with wins it means the elections were stolen.

Do you realize that by this logic every election has been/will be stolen?

10. Oct 12, 2005 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you realize that "this logic" is something you just conjured up ?

11. Oct 12, 2005 #10
    What do you mean by 'nearly'? That is just BS that allows you to make absurd statements like you just did. I could use that trick to say:
    Funny how nearly every DNC supporter is also a nazi.....
    And that statement is logically equivalent to your statement. They are both BS, the difference is that I only used mine as an example and you actually meant your's.

12. Oct 12, 2005 #11

russ_watters

For clarity, are you saying he lied to the public and that is a form of fraud? Fair enough, though not really what I was asking...

13. Oct 12, 2005 #12

russ_watters

Um.... if you are unclear on what a "democracy" or "republic" is, I'd be happy to explain it to you in another thread. :biggrin:

14. Oct 12, 2005 #13

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I went with "I don't know". Most of the evidence of fraud is, in my opinion, circumstantial.

15. Oct 12, 2005 #14
    Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but :rofl: :rofl:. Russ, you naughty, naughty boy.

16. Oct 12, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

ugh, you're always drunk :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Oct 12, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh, I was right, it is Russ that Patty wants! Sounds like Patty is drunk and Russ is getting naughty, and Patty is liking it! Oh my! :biggrin: :rofl:

Okay, back from my side track...that was just impossible to not comment on.

I voted "I don't know." There are accusations and claims and denials and refutations, but unless it did happen and you were in on it, none of us knows for certain one way or the other.

18. Oct 12, 2005 #17
    Well, his point of view was that since he doesn't like Bush, the elections were a fraud.

19. Oct 12, 2005 #18

russ_watters

Uh, pattylou, it's Wednesday. :confused:
    As it turns out, I have a knack for attracting liberal women who hate me. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  20. Oct 12, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Who is going ot get drunk with me :D

21. Oct 12, 2005 #20
    oooh. That hurts. But it's not true, so 'sokay.

Edit: Actually, why would you even say such a thing? I am rarely drunk, except for last November, and perhaps I made some comments about being incredibly hard hit by the election results.

???

Pengwuino? I'd like to nip this rumor in the bud. Why would you say "Patty's always drunk?"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?