Presidential election stolen?

Was the 2004 Presidential election stolen?

• Total voters
russ_watters
Mentor

Main Question or Discussion Point

Question: Do you think the 2004 United States Presidential election was stolen via some (any) form of vote fraud?

Don't worry, guys, I'm not going to argue it here. I just want to know what people actually think. For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting some people to state explicitly what their actual opinion is.

Answers and Replies

Pengwuino
Gold Member
You just can't leave well enough alone can you people...

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I voted yes. Every election, every vote is stealing liberty from the people. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No matter the explanation for the voting machines, disinformation in regards to national defense is certainly a form of election fraud, so I voted yes.

As for the rest, I find it more likely than not that various forms of fraud occurred including possibly rigged machines, and certainly intimidation, destruction or loss of voter registration forms, games played wrt the proper location to vote, and I think a few more things that occurred that I don't remember at the moment.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
As for the rest, I find it more likely than not that various forms of fraud occurred including possibly rigged machines, and certainly intimidation, destruction or loss of voter registration forms, games played wrt the proper location to vote, and I think a few more things that occurred that I don't remember at the moment.
Yes, we all know this happened quite frequently. The Republicans were also caught making a few mistakes here and there.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Funny how nearly every Bush supporters responds to examples of fraud the same way: they do it too!!! I think my little sister also used that excuse frequently; when she was still a child.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Funny how nearly every Bush supporters responds to examples of fraud the same way: they do it too!!! I think my little sister also used that excuse frequently; when she was still a child.
Oh so is that how you excuse the massive voter fraud perpetrated by the Democratic Party? Name calling? I see...

Ideologs at their best :rolleyes:

The thing that seperates a liberal from a conservative is that a conservative accepts the fact that both sides screw around. We also don't put up threads of every fart in the wind that might help our ideology look better no matter how hypocritical it might be.

Ivan Seeking said:
No matter the explanation for the voting machines, disinformation in regards to national defense is certainly a form of election fraud, so I voted yes.
Sure, when the party you don't agree with wins it means the elections were stolen.

Do you realize that by this logic every election has been/will be stolen?

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ron damon said:
Sure, when the party you don't agree with wins it means the elections were stolen.
Do you realize that by this logic every election has been/will be stolen?
Do you realize that "this logic" is something you just conjured up ?

Ivan Seeking said:
Funny how nearly every Bush supporters responds to examples of fraud the same way: they do it too!!!
What do you mean by 'nearly'? That is just BS that allows you to make absurd statements like you just did. I could use that trick to say:
Funny how nearly every DNC supporter is also a nazi.....
And that statement is logically equivalent to your statement. They are both BS, the difference is that I only used mine as an example and you actually meant your's.

russ_watters
Mentor
Ivan Seeking said:
For clarity, are you saying he lied to the public and that is a form of fraud? Fair enough, though not really what I was asking...

russ_watters
Mentor
Smurf said:
I voted yes. Every election, every vote is stealing liberty from the people. :biggrin:
Um.... if you are unclear on what a "democracy" or "republic" is, I'd be happy to explain it to you in another thread. :biggrin:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I went with "I don't know". Most of the evidence of fraud is, in my opinion, circumstantial.

Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but :rofl: :rofl:. Russ, you naughty, naughty boy.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
pattylou said:
Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but :rofl: :rofl:. Russ, you naughty, naughty boy.
ugh, you're always drunk :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
pattylou said:
Oooh, I was right, it is Russ that Patty wants! Sounds like Patty is drunk and Russ is getting naughty, and Patty is liking it! Oh my! :biggrin: :rofl:

Okay, back from my side track...that was just impossible to not comment on.

I voted "I don't know." There are accusations and claims and denials and refutations, but unless it did happen and you were in on it, none of us knows for certain one way or the other.

Gokul43201 said:
Do you realize that "this logic" is something you just conjured up ?
Well, his point of view was that since he doesn't like Bush, the elections were a fraud.

russ_watters
Mentor
pattylou said:
Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but . Russ, you naughty, naughty boy.
Uh, pattylou, it's Wednesday. :confused:
Moonbear said:
Oooh, I was right, it is Russ that Patty wants!
As it turns out, I have a knack for attracting liberal women who hate me. :confused:

Last edited:
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Who is going ot get drunk with me :D

Pengwuino said:
ugh, you're always drunk :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
oooh. That hurts. But it's not true, so 'sokay.

Edit: Actually, why would you even say such a thing? I am rarely drunk, except for last November, and perhaps I made some comments about being incredibly hard hit by the election results.

???

Pengwuino? I'd like to nip this rumor in the bud. Why would you say "Patty's always drunk?"

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Uh, pattylou, it's Wednesday. :confused:
Yeah. Book club night.

^ (Edit) that was a silly off the cuff comment, meant humorously. I just sent 6 women home, and logged on to see if there were any interesting conversations about politics, before turning in. It's not even 10 pm here yet.

I was surprised to see that Russ had started a poll on this topic. Rather than "Patty wanting Russ" (as Moonbear joked) it looked to me like "Russ wanted Patty" and I found it odd (to see the poll) and made a joke about it.

But this is nuts - within about three minutes of my comment there were several comments in reply about how (1) I'm always drunk, (2) it's Wednesday and (3) I have the hots for Russ.

Frankly, that's kinda weird.

Good night.

Last edited:
pattylou said:
Now, now, polly, don't be hitting on the enemy. :biggrin:
(let's get a few more drinks in her and see where this goes)

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ron damon said:
Well, his point of view was that since he doesn't like Bush, the elections were a fraud.
Where on earth did you get this from ? He clearly stated that he thought the fraud arose from what he perceived as "disinformation". Where in his post does he say that he doesn't like Bush ? Further, where does he say that this is the reason he thinks the election was a fraud ?

Ivan said:
...disinformation in regards to national defense is certainly a form of election fraud...

pattylou said:
within about three minutes of my comment there were several comments in reply about how (1) I'm always drunk, (2) it's Wednesday and (3) I have the hots for Russ.
Frankly, that's kinda weird.
Good night.
Yeah, that is weird! Everyone knows it's me your after.

Tide
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
russ_watters said:
Question: Do you think the 2004 United States Presidential election was stolen via some (any) form of vote fraud?
Don't worry, guys, I'm not going to argue it here. I just want to know what people actually think. For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting some people to state explicitly what their actual opinion is.
Think? Surely, you jest. National politics has evolved into a hatefest so don't expect thought and civility when you ask such a loaded question.

It's like handing out matches in a gasoline filled room and that may be a hint as to why you're having a hard time getting some people to explicitly state their "actual position." :)