Pressure Compensator Adjustment: 5-35 Bar to 10-70 Bar

In summary, the pressure compensator is adjustable between 5 and 35 bar to balance the pressure difference across the valve, resulting in a total pressure difference of 10-70 bar.
Kevin1092
Hello,

I was looking on the modular pressure compensator and on the bottom of the page there is:
111.jpg

Could anyone explain me why pressure compensator adjustable between 5 and 35 bar corresponds to values between 10 and 70 bar of total ΔP across the valve ?

When I bought this valve I thought my range will be 5-35 ΔP. As I checked it on my hydraulic test station minimum pressure difference which I can adjust is 10 bar.

Kevin

Engineering news on Phys.org
The pressure compensator is designed to adjust the pressure difference across the valve in order to control the flow rate. This is done by balancing the pressure in both sides of the valve. When the pressure on one side is higher, the flow rate will be larger, and when the pressure on the other side is higher, the flow rate will be smaller. Therefore, the pressure compensator must be adjustable between 5 and 35 bar to balance the pressure difference across the valve and achieve the desired flow rate. Because of this, the total pressure difference across the valve is actually 10-70 bar.

1. What is a pressure compensator adjustment?

A pressure compensator adjustment is a device used to regulate the pressure within a closed system. It ensures that the pressure remains consistent, regardless of changes in the external environment or the demand for fluid within the system.

2. How does a pressure compensator adjustment work?

A pressure compensator adjustment works by using a spring-loaded control valve to adjust the flow of fluid within the system. As the pressure increases, the valve opens, allowing more fluid to pass through and decrease the pressure. Conversely, as the pressure decreases, the valve closes, reducing the flow of fluid and increasing the pressure.

3. What is the recommended pressure range for the adjustment?

The recommended pressure range for the adjustment is 5-35 bar to 10-70 bar. This means that the device can effectively regulate pressures between 5 and 35 bar, and between 10 and 70 bar, depending on the specific needs of the system.

4. How do I adjust the pressure compensator?

To adjust the pressure compensator, you will need to access the control valve and adjust the spring tension. This can usually be done with a wrench or other tool. It is important to refer to the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for the specific adjustment procedure for your device.

5. What are the benefits of using a pressure compensator adjustment?

Using a pressure compensator adjustment can have several benefits, including maintaining stable pressure within a system, preventing damage to components due to excessive pressure, and improving the overall efficiency and performance of the system. It can also help to reduce energy consumption and prolong the lifespan of the system's components.