Dense Phase Pressure Conveying System Design: Calculations and Considerations

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with designing a dense phase pressure conveying system for ash handling in a thermal power plant. They have done some research on Google and have a basic understanding of the system, but are still looking for information on air balancing and orifice sizing. They also have concerns about the increase in velocity during conveying and would appreciate any assistance.
prguha
Hi.

Can anybody help me with detail informations on "dense phase pressure conveying system design"...

Thanks..

Engineering news on Phys.org
Not without more info on what you are trying to do, no...

Dear Sir,

Myself joined recently in a thermal power plant construction company any and my job profile is in ash handling system; Dense phase pressure conveying system is very familiar to evacuate dry ash handling from ESP. So I need to know more about this conveying system. So please help if possible.

Thanks...

Welcome to PF!

Hi prguha! Welcome to PF! :wink:

How much detail do you want?

Have you tried googling "dense phase conveyor" or "dense phase pneumatic conveying"?

You'll get things like http://www.powderandbulk.com/pb_services/ask_joe_archive/what_is_dense_phase_conveying.htm :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tim;
Already I have collect more or less data about the pneumatic conveying system from Google.. Now I have some idea about the system also. What I need is the design material for this system. How can I calculate the air balancing for material conveying and what will be the orifice sizing calculation for air flow control etc. Even I observed that the velocity at conveying time are increasing with the distance (means material is being convey with some acceleration). I have a big doubt in this matter too...

Thanks for cooperation...

What is a Pressure Conveying System?

A Pressure Conveying System is a method of transporting materials through a pipeline using pressurized air or gas. It is commonly used in industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and plastics.

How does a Pressure Conveying System work?

A Pressure Conveying System works by using an air compressor to generate pressure and push materials through a closed pipeline. The materials are typically in powder or granular form and are moved through the pipeline to their destination.

What are the benefits of using a Pressure Conveying System?

There are several benefits of using a Pressure Conveying System, including reduced labor costs, increased efficiency, and improved safety. It also allows for the transportation of materials over long distances and can handle a wide variety of materials.

What types of materials can be transported using a Pressure Conveying System?

A Pressure Conveying System can transport a wide range of materials, including powders, granules, pellets, and even liquids. Some common materials that are transported using this system include flour, sugar, plastic pellets, and pharmaceutical ingredients.

What factors should be considered when choosing a Pressure Conveying System?

When choosing a Pressure Conveying System, it is important to consider factors such as the type of material being transported, the distance it needs to travel, the required flow rate, and the necessary pressure. It is also important to consider the maintenance and operational costs of the system.