Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pretending to be a woman!

1. May 28, 2005 #1
    If we try to imagine ourselves in other's shoes,it could be useful.For example in this case,you may be able to understand women better.So you may learn how to get along with them or even get them!
    What would you do if you were a woman?(you're not allowed to hang yourself)
    and particularly think about this one:
    What kind of man would you choose as a boyfriend?
    what kind of man would you choose as a husband?

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I'm glad to see what the subject is. When I read the title, I thought that it was another Smurf thread.

4. May 28, 2005 #3
    :rofl: Danger, you stole my line!

Well clearly if I was a female, then I would want a guy just like me :smile:

I am not sure if all of the women in the world are on crack, or if I am, *gasp*, not cool.

If I was a woman I would probably choose another woman. I am not saying that as a general male stereotype in the sense that you are all thinking in. I mean, most guys are jackasses, myself included.

edit.. And welcome Neo7. One question about your name though. Are you the new and improved 7? Because I did not like the old 7.

5. May 28, 2005 #4
    Opposites attract as long as they have something in common. :wink:

Being a guy myself I think any judgement I had on what kind of man I would like as a woman would be biased. I don't even know what it is like to be a woman.

I suppose I would look for the same qualities in a boyfriend that I would look for in a husband. A nice guy that treated me well and was enjoyable to be around most of the time. Had some skill at communicating. Takes care of himself. And physical attraction never hurts.

6. May 28, 2005 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry. I figured about half a dozen people would be jumping all over that, and was very pleasantly surprised to see that I got here first. And thanks for pointing out that (he/she?) is a newcomer. I didn't recognize the name, but didn't think to check the join date. Welcome aboard, Neo7.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  7. May 28, 2005 #6
    Not new.I'm here for about 3 weeks!

8. May 28, 2005 #7
    Well I actually did not look at the date, I consider anyone with 1 post to be new, or at least somewhat new. Welcome, either way :smile:

9. May 29, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it's pretty obvious what most men would do if they could be a woman for the day.

Anyway, I'd spend the whole morning looking at my own chest, then I'd eat some chocolate (it seems to affect girls more than boys), and then I'd go down the pub and drink lots of girly drinks which I'd otherwise be embarassed to be seen with (Bailey's, white wine, Arfalaga etc) just to see what they're like, before hooking up with myself and going back to my place.

10. May 29, 2005 #9
    Me too. One thing I would NOT do is have someone I don't know pour hot wax on my genitals and violently rip the hair off. And I'd probably enroll in a drivers training course and have some scientist remove the words "FINE, go ahead" from my brain. On the other hand, I'd hunt down the guy who invented high-heels and beat him with one. Punch out obviously anorexic girls that say, "I eat a lot but I have a fast metabolism". I would definitely hang out in the locker room of the womens pro beach volleyball tour. :devil:

11. May 29, 2005 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

The concept is Empathy and it applies to all relationships -

Empathy - the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner.

Men need to ask themselves - "What do I bring to a relationship?" Think about it and be honest.

12. May 29, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

I agree to a point, but I believe that I would go to a gay bar and take a lesbian home.

13. May 29, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Choosing a lesbian over me? Now that's dedication to your sexuality...

14. May 29, 2005 #13

Danger

Gold Member

I would also choose a sheep over you. :tongue:

15. May 29, 2005 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Urrm, dedication to your countryfolk?

16. May 29, 2005 #15
    So I'll stay new forever!!
    Most of you haven't spoken about your boyfriend/husband. :biggrin:
    Let's have some fun:
    Which one of guys around here would you choose as your bf/h?!

17. May 29, 2005 #16

Danger

Gold Member

I'm not monogamous.

18. May 29, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I keep trying really hard to pretend to be a woman, but somehow, I still don't feel very different. :biggrin:

19. May 29, 2005 #18

Evo

You're asking the guys which guy they would chose as their bf/h? :bugeye:

20. May 29, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

Yeah. I like a lot of the guys here as friends, but my imagination just can't go that far.

21. May 29, 2005 #20

Evo

Sheep maybe, fellow members is going a bit too far. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?