Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pretty pictures

1. Nov 24, 2003 #1

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that's right. Post some links to some pretty pictures you've taken. Here's one I took last night in my bedroom. (edit: Don't worry, it's not dirty!)

http://users.vnet.net/warrenc/DSC01228.jpg

- Warren

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2003 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Here is one for you, i havent taken it myself (seeing as there is a distinct lack of beavers where i live.

Even if you were born to do a job....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  4. Nov 24, 2003 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

ok i cant get the attachment up on to my post, can anyone give me a hint? put my file on attach file but it didnt work!!

5. Nov 24, 2003 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

very nice, um stamen! that was the first portion of the picture that was appeared...

6. Nov 24, 2003 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heh.. heh heh. Hubba hubba. It does look pretty, uh, phallic. I was surprised at that myself.

- Warren

7. Nov 24, 2003 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It surely made me laugh when opening the link :P I really like the resolution and the sharpness of the picture, pretty :)

if you are interested in pretty pictures, go to the following website: www.photo.net they have got some top photos overthere.

8. Nov 24, 2003 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Nov 24, 2003 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

10. Nov 25, 2003 #9
    Nice camera...5MP...I think I can now afford 0.3MP. still fighting on ebay though.
    Did you have to add a different lens to that Sony DSC-F707 or you just used all the zoom for the picture at the begining of the thread?

11. Nov 25, 2003 #10

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Stock Zeiss lens, macro mode, manual focus, about half-zoom, fill-flash on low, 30W soft-white light bulb for illumination, f/5.0 and (I think) about 1/30 sec.

- Warren

12. Nov 25, 2003 #11
    Very nice picture indeed. Have you used that camera in an astrophotography capacity? I saw you took pictures from a star party, so I'm just curious if you've used it with a scope?

13. Nov 25, 2003 #12

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I've done some lunar photography and so on with it, and done some afocal coupling with my telescope. Digital cameras are really not well-suited for astrophotography at all, though, so I don't usually bother. I do film (SLR) and CCD (SBIG ST-7) astrophotos.

- Warren

14. Nov 25, 2003 #13
    Humm, mine were of "clouds", "mountains", "landscape" shots, then Sunrise/Set, Hey! maybe that means I'm not an amateur....Huh?? what???

15. Nov 25, 2003 #14

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Seagulls and the beach is another favorite of us amatures, this is a scan of a 25yr old slide, so have mercy! This is from around Beverly Beach looking south to Yaquina Head, Newport Or.

More Oregon Coast Shore Acres Park, Charsleston Or. A beautiful day with some awesome surf.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  16. Nov 26, 2003 #15
    Computer I am on cannot handle the seagulls pic, but the shoreline one is reminicent of when I was in Oregon, just the Surf was really low at that time, you got a shot of the surf as I had hoped to see it.
    Nices shot(s) though

17. Nov 26, 2003 #16

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OK, try the gull shot again, It did not notice that it was a 200k file! Not exactly dial up friendly. It is now 28k, should load in a hurry!

While I am here, here is a shot of Lady Liberty taken in the summer of 1986, shortly after the 100th anniversary celebration[​IMG]

18. Nov 26, 2003 #17

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One from a nice perspective of lady liberty..

Attached Files:

19. Nov 26, 2003 #18

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

and atop the world trade center..

Attached Files:

• wtc.jpg
      wtc.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  20. Nov 26, 2003 #19
    re; seagulls shot

HEY!! I know that beach!!

(nice shot)

P.S. It wasn't a dial up problem, most of the systems that I'm using are DSL, or the Universities 'Pipes', the local Libraries "pipes", it was the browser window opened the shot about five or six times larger then the browser, and that older computer can't move a pic that size around very well, processor is only a 100 mHz, sooo.......

21. Nov 26, 2003 #20
    Nice shot! of New York Monique, but looking up Lady Liberties Robes, Ha! *Shame*Shame*Shame*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?