Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion Preview window in new tab

1. Dec 18, 2016 #1

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Using my old version of Firefox in my old version of Fedora linux, I don't get the "open in new tab" option when I right click on the "preview" option in the post editor. It would convenient to see the preview of the old version of a post in one window while editing the new version in another.

I agree that this feature could get confusing if clicking preview again in the editor didn't revise or close the window the window that had the previous preview.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2016 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Good idea to open the reply in a new tab, especially for answers to longer posts. But I don't think it is appropriate for previews due to the reload problematic you already mentioned. And it's a little bit inconvenient to switch tabs while writing something. If I compare the software to the many platforms I've met throughout the years, I'll have to say that it is extraordinary good, in handling as well as in layout.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted