Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Previous regular forum members

1. Feb 22, 2015 #1

Suraj M

Gold Member

I was just googling something which led me to an old PF thread, i saw a few awarded members like @hootnany, @Kurdt, @Njorl @Enigma and many more.I dont see them around, What happened to them??
    PS I'm sorry if i included someone who actually is still around(i haven't)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2015 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Nothing, they became active somewhere else. They can post here any time.

4. Feb 22, 2015 #3
    Did "big extinction of species" on PFs occured in period 2013-2014?

5. Feb 22, 2015 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

None that I am aware of. It happened that there were several changes in the staff last year though, more that in earlier years. But most of former Mentors are still with us, they just resigned from the active duty. It is a time consuming work, often interfering with our other jobs.

6. Feb 22, 2015 #5
    PF has been around so long now that, some people who were extremely active in the early days actually have passed away. Boulderhead, one of my favorites, SelfAdjoint, and, I believe Quartodecimain, were all older when PF came to be and succumbed to illnesses. Then there's the more recent loss of the considerable contributor, Arildno.

For the most part, though, it seems people get their fill after a certain point and move on, seeking novelty elsewhere. I, myself, find I have to take long breaks from PF, and the internet in general.

7. Feb 23, 2015 #6

Suraj M

Gold Member

there's such a huge age gap between the members in PF we still manage to help each other out, amazing!!
    RIP those who are not with us anymore ! Sad never got to see them around(on PF)

8. Feb 23, 2015 #7
    Fill of what? Too much science? I can't get too filled on that. Move on? where? Desperate housewives? Modern Family? The View? PF is prime time entertainment in my view:biggrin:

9. Feb 28, 2015 #8

cronxeh

Gold Member

They.. I dont know, I'm lurking kind of o0)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook