Primes Paper

• Thread starter FunkyDwarf
  • Start date
FunkyDwarf
Hi guys,

Not actually a mathematics question as such (sorry) but does anyone know where i can get my hands on a copy of Chen's paper "On the representation of a large even integer as the sum of a prime and the product of at most two primes". For the life of me all i can find is references to it rather than an actual pdf copy, or even any information about the journal it is from (Sci. Sinica 16 (1973) 157-176) ie reference given below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldbach's_conjecture#cite_note-13

I have access to science direct and springer link but none seem to have it :( Any ideas?

Cheers
-G

EDIT: Ok so i found that its in Scientia Sinica Series A which springerlink has going back to 1997, i'm assuming if they don't have volumes further back they're not available electronically?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

CRGreathouse
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
EDIT: Ok so i found that its in Scientia Sinica Series A which springerlink has going back to 1997, i'm assuming if they don't have volumes further back they're not available electronically?

Right. You'd need to find a (university) library that had it.

FunkyDwarf
Bugger, mine only has Series G. Righto, time to get on the wire and bug my 'colleagues' :)
Cheers!

Petek
Gold Member
Although not the original paper, the proof of Chen's theorem may be found in Melvyn Nathanson's book "Additive Number Theory, The Classical Bases", Springer, 1996, p. 271 ff., ISBN 0-387-94656-X.

CRGreathouse
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Actually, that's a good book to read even if you do want to read the original...

Suggested for: Primes Paper

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views