Prince Charles got married (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Lisa!

Gold Member
YEAR: 1981

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.

YEAR: 2005

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.
:bugeye: :surprised

I don't think there's any significance in those events happening in the same year two times.

For example, if you assign each of these events a probability of .01 to happen every year, eventually they will happen in the same year. Also, if the number of years is infinite, then the number of years where all those events happen will also be infinite.

EDIT: The fact that millions and millions of events happen each year makes those events even more insignificant. If you were specifically looking at those 4 events each year to see if they all happen or not then that's a different story. However, coming up with something like that (correlation between some four events in two different years) doesn't seem so hard given the huge number of events that happen every year.

Last edited:
Armageddon is nigh*.

Last edited:
you mean 1978?
Two popes die.

Last edited:

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Entropy said:
Armageddon is nye.
Bill Nye? Robert Nye? Naomi Nye?

Or did you mean "nigh"?

(Did you know that nigh is the comparative of near? Who among us knows the superlative? NO Googling!)

Edit: I think that was backwards: near is the comparative to nigh.

Last edited:
uh..... nighest? :uhh:

gah .. must.. google

yay I got it :biggrin:

Chi Meson said:
Bill Nye? Robert Nye? Naomi Nye?

Or did you mean "nigh"?

(Did you know that nigh is the comparative of near? Who among us knows the superlative? NO Googling!)

Edit: I think that was backwards: near is the comparative to nigh.
Perhaps he's an Art Bell fan and is thinking of "The Kingdom of KNYE".

Evo

Mentor
Lisa! said:
Every time Prince Charles marries, a pope dies. And no one sees the significance????

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Evo said:
Every time Prince Charles marries, a pope dies. And no one sees the significance????
England's time is coming....

Lisa!

Gold Member
Physics_wiz said:
I don't think there's any significance in those events happening in the same year two times.
For example, if you assign each of these events a probability of .01 to happen every year, eventually they will happen in the same year. Also, if the number of years is infinite, then the number of years where all those events happen will also be infinite.
EDIT: The fact that millions and millions of events happen each year makes those events even more insignificant. If you were specifically looking at those 4 events each year to see if they all happen or not then that's a different story. However, coming up with something like that (correlation between some four events in two different years) doesn't seem so hard given the huge number of events that happen every year.
:bugeye: Actually it was a joke that I recieved through a mail. It says:

In the future, if Prince Charles decides to remarry, somebody please warn the Pope!
THat's the way superstitious people think!Anyway I don't think Prince Charles is going to remarry in the future!:tongue:

Lisa! said:
:bugeye: Actually it was a joke that I recieved through a mail. It says:
THat's the way superstitious people think!Anyway I don't think Prince Charles is going to remarry in the future!:tongue:
If I were prince charles I'd give it another shot just to see if the pope dies or not...just for fun :biggrin:.

Lisa!

Gold Member
Do you think others let him to take the risk? :uhh:

Lisa! said:

Total bull. No pope died in 1981. There was an attempted assaniation on Jonh Paul II in 1981. He did not die until 2004. He became pope in 1978.

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
franznietzsche said:
Total bull. No pope died in 1981. There was an attempted assaniation on Jonh Paul II in 1981. He did not die until 2004. He became pope in 1978.
I can't believe I didn't catch that! Dang!

Oh, by the way: nigh, near, next.

Lisa!

Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Thanks for correction!:smile:
Sounds like some people want to prevent Prince Charles from remarriage by these made-up stories! :biggrin:

OMG! the pope died?

It get's worse I herd the 80's colths will be coming back in 2006.Did someone make a time machine or somthing that somehow made the 80's comback:confused: :confused: :bugeye: :surprised :surprised

a comeback? I'm still wearing my clothes from the 80s

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving