When did Prince Charles get married?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I don't actually remember what they looked like. In summary, Prince Charles got married, Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe, Australia lost the Ashes tournament, and Pope died.
Lisa!
Gold Member
YEAR: 1981

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.

YEAR: 2005

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.
:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think there's any significance in those events happening in the same year two times.

For example, if you assign each of these events a probability of .01 to happen every year, eventually they will happen in the same year. Also, if the number of years is infinite, then the number of years where all those events happen will also be infinite.

EDIT: The fact that millions and millions of events happen each year makes those events even more insignificant. If you were specifically looking at those 4 events each year to see if they all happen or not then that's a different story. However, coming up with something like that (correlation between some four events in two different years) doesn't seem so hard given the huge number of events that happen every year.

Last edited:
Armageddon is nigh*.

Last edited:
you mean 1978?
Two popes die.

Last edited:
Entropy said:
Armageddon is nye.
Bill Nye? Robert Nye? Naomi Nye?

Or did you mean "nigh"?

(Did you know that nigh is the comparative of near? Who among us knows the superlative? NO Googling!)

Edit: I think that was backwards: near is the comparative to nigh.

Last edited:
uh... nighest? :uhh:

gah .. must.. google

yay I got it :biggrin:

Chi Meson said:
Bill Nye? Robert Nye? Naomi Nye?

Or did you mean "nigh"?

(Did you know that nigh is the comparative of near? Who among us knows the superlative? NO Googling!)

Edit: I think that was backwards: near is the comparative to nigh.
Perhaps he's an Art Bell fan and is thinking of "The Kingdom of KNYE".

Lisa! said:
Every time Prince Charles marries, a pope dies. And no one sees the significance?

Evo said:
Every time Prince Charles marries, a pope dies. And no one sees the significance?

England's time is coming...

Physics_wiz said:
I don't think there's any significance in those events happening in the same year two times.
For example, if you assign each of these events a probability of .01 to happen every year, eventually they will happen in the same year. Also, if the number of years is infinite, then the number of years where all those events happen will also be infinite.
EDIT: The fact that millions and millions of events happen each year makes those events even more insignificant. If you were specifically looking at those 4 events each year to see if they all happen or not then that's a different story. However, coming up with something like that (correlation between some four events in two different years) doesn't seem so hard given the huge number of events that happen every year.
:bugeye: Actually it was a joke that I received through a mail. It says:

In the future, if Prince Charles decides to remarry, somebody please warn the Pope!

THat's the way superstitious people think!Anyway I don't think Prince Charles is going to remarry in the future!:tongue:

Lisa! said:
:bugeye: Actually it was a joke that I received through a mail. It says:
THat's the way superstitious people think!Anyway I don't think Prince Charles is going to remarry in the future!:tongue:

If I were prince charles I'd give it another shot just to see if the pope dies or not...just for fun :biggrin:.

Do you think others let him to take the risk? :uhh:

Lisa! said:
Total bull. No pope died in 1981. There was an attempted assaniation on Jonh Paul II in 1981. He did not die until 2004. He became pope in 1978.

franznietzsche said:
Total bull. No pope died in 1981. There was an attempted assaniation on Jonh Paul II in 1981. He did not die until 2004. He became pope in 1978.
I can't believe I didn't catch that! Dang!

Oh, by the way: nigh, near, next.

franznietzsche said:
Thanks for correction!:smile:
Sounds like some people want to prevent Prince Charles from remarriage by these made-up stories! :biggrin:

OMG! the pope died?

tribdog said:
OMG! the pope died?
All but one.

It get's worse I herd the 80's colths will be coming back in 2006.Did someone make a time machine or somthing that somehow made the 80's comback:confused: :confused: :bugeye:

a comeback? I'm still wearing my clothes from the 80s

Time to get out the fluorescent pink sweatshirt and leg-warmers, huh? :rofl: Does this by any chance mean kids will stop wearing their pants around their knees? I'd even put up with a revisit to the 80s if that was the outcome.

Ooooh, I still have my lycra pants! I'm ready! :biggrin:

I don't know if I can fit into my bustiers anymore though. :blushing:

Have you gained 10 pounds in the last 25 years? I bet you haven't. Probably not even 5. So unless you finally got those implants I bet the bustiers fit just fine.

Lisa! said:
Thanks for correction!:smile:
Sounds like some people want to prevent Prince Charles from remarriage by these made-up stories! :biggrin:

I actually got sent that in an email from a friend who is catholic. I had a nice laugh.

1. Who did Prince Charles marry?

Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer on July 29, 1981.

2. Where did Prince Charles get married?

Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married at St. Paul's Cathedral in London, England.

3. How long were Prince Charles and Lady Diana married?

Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married for 15 years, from 1981 until their divorce in 1996.

4. Did Prince Charles and Lady Diana have children?

Yes, Prince Charles and Lady Diana had two sons: Prince William and Prince Harry.

5. What title did Lady Diana receive after marrying Prince Charles?

Lady Diana became known as Diana, Princess of Wales after her marriage to Prince Charles.