Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge

• Thread starter moonman239
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Challenge
In summary: The guy that invented the can, Fredric Baur, had himself cremated and buried in a Pringles can.He also invented the original recipe, but that recipe didn't pass the taste test and was never marketed. They finally moved him to a different project and his replacement developed the recipe we know today.
moonman239
Pringles "100 Crisps" Challenge

If you look on a can of Pringles, it says "100 Crisps In Every Can, On Average"

Here's a challenge for you all (if you guys are up to it): Buy at least 2 cans of Pringles. Count the number of Pringles in each can, then post those results. EDIT: To clarify: If Can #1 has 100 crisps, and can #2 has 130 crisps, tell us that.

The contest will end on May 3rd. The results will be used to see whether the number of crisps per can really does average out to 100.

Physics news on Phys.org

moonman239 said:

Here's a challenge for you all (if you guys are up to it): Buy at least 2 cans of Pringles. Count the number of Pringles in each can, then post those results. EDIT: To clarify: If Can #1 has 100 crisps, and can #2 has 130 crisps, tell us that.

The contest will end on May 3rd. The results will be used to see whether the number of crisps per can really does average out to 100.

What did you get for your two cans?

How can you count them if they are disappearing as fast as you can stack them? Just askin'... Pringles are a guilty pleasure. I can generally pass up potato chips, corn chips, and other snacks, but plain, original Pringles...hard to do.

moonman239 said:

Here's a challenge for you all (if you guys are up to it)

Happy to. I will forward my mailing address under separate cover so you can send me my test samples.

(hint: moonman239 works for Pringles.) :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Happy to. I will forward my mailing address under separate cover so you can send me my test samples.

If P&G is willing to spam PF to pump Pringles, they should be willing to let us all have free samples. Let's all sign up!

I don't have any unopened cans of Pringles.

DaveC426913 said:

You'll have to buy them yourself. And no, I don't work for Proctor & Gamble.

I just asked my wife to hand over the can of Pringles. It was empty.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I just asked my wife to hand over the can of Pringles. It was empty.
Damn! P&G needs to 'fess up!

moonman239 said:
I don't have any unopened cans of Pringles.

You're not up to your own challenge? A real leader never asks others to do what he himself will not.

And why does it need to be 2 cans?

Office_Shredder said:
And why does it need to be 2 cans?
Same reason you pop two eno instead of just one. Because two is twice as many as one.

(He definitely works for P&G.)

European cans have been downsized twice.

They used to say "90 inside". Mass of pringles = 165g. I don't remember ever seeing a "100 inside" can in the UK.
They now don't give the number, and the mass is reduced to 150g.
But the size of the can is unchanged, to fool the gullible!

At the same time, the price in my local supermarket has more than doubled.

AlephZero said:
European cans have been downsized twice.

They used to say "90 inside". Mass of pringles = 165g. I don't remember ever seeing a "100 inside" can in the UK.
They now don't give the number, and the mass is reduced to 150g.
But the size of the can is unchanged, to fool the gullible!

At the same time, the price in my local supermarket has more than doubled.

Must be the PER (Pringles Exchange Rate).

Hyperbolic paraboloids with a potato content of 42% - who could resist that?

The guy that invented the can, Fredric Baur, had himself cremated and buried in a Pringles can.

He also invented the original recipe, but that recipe didn't pass the taste test and was never marketed. They finally moved him to a different project and his replacement developed the recipe we know today.

What is the Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge?

The Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge is a viral internet challenge where participants try to eat 100 Pringles crisps in one sitting.

Is the Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge safe?

While there are no inherent health risks associated with consuming 100 Pringles crisps, eating large quantities of any food in one sitting can be uncomfortable and potentially harmful. It is important to listen to your body and stop if you feel unwell.

What flavors of Pringles can be used for the challenge?

Participants can use any flavor of Pringles for the challenge, as long as they are the standard size and shape. It is not recommended to mix different flavors in one sitting.

How long does it take to complete the Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge?

The time it takes to complete the challenge will vary depending on the individual's eating speed. However, it is recommended to take breaks and not rush through the challenge in order to avoid potential health risks.

Are there any alternative versions of the Pringles 100 Crisps Challenge?

There are a few variations of the challenge, such as the "Pringles 100 Seconds Challenge" where participants try to eat 100 Pringles crisps in 100 seconds, or the "Pringles 100 Calorie Challenge" where participants try to eat 100 Pringles crisps that add up to 100 calories. These alternative versions may be more suitable for those with dietary restrictions or concerns about consuming large quantities of food at once.