Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Printing Matlab figure as Eps

1. Aug 3, 2012 #1
    Dear all,

I generate some matlab figures that I want to print as eps. The figures look fine in the .fig format. When I open the eps, there is a problem. Wherever there is a vertical line (or part of function) the line shows tiny saw-teeth. I would like to attach I file but it seems one can't attach .eps here. Any idea?

The problem doesn't care whether I use
    print -depsc './test.eps';
    or the figure menu.

Cheers,
    Angelos

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2012 #2
    Hi

I remember that I had a similar problem. I am not sure but I thought that this problem only appears with an older Matlab in Windows. If you have the possibility to access Matlab in Linux try this. On the other hand I have the new Matlab 2012a under Windows. If you send me the .fig I can check what will happen when converting to eps

4. Aug 3, 2012 #3
    Thank you, unstable. I am using Linux. Release 2010b. How can I send you the .fig file?

Greetings,
    Angelos

5. Aug 3, 2012 #4
    Actually, after clicking on "new reply" (left somewhere) not "quick reply" you should be able to upload / attach files.

6. Aug 3, 2012 #5

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook