Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Private Message Notifications

1. Feb 11, 2006 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is it just me, or has anyone else been having problems with PM notifications not popping up like they're supposed to? It's happening on both my computers, I double-checked my UserCP settings to make sure I didn't accidentally turn it off at some point, and I double-checked that I didn't accidentally block pop-ups in my browser. I have it all set to give me a pop-up notification when I receive a new PM, but I'm not getting the pop-ups for about a week now. I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if anyone else is experiencing this too.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2006 #2

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Yep, same here. At least since 2-7.

4. Feb 11, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Same here....

5. Feb 11, 2006 #4

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Interesting. I would like to know what is up with the mail flood.

6. Feb 11, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, then it seems there's something for Greg to either explain or add to his to-do list. :biggrin:

7. Feb 11, 2006 #6
    I reset the option for everyone. Someone test.

8. Feb 11, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, send me a PM and I'll tell you if it works! :rofl:

9. Feb 11, 2006 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It still doesn't work for me (at least with Prime).

10. Feb 11, 2006 #9
  11. Feb 11, 2006 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't like it anyway. So when you set it, let me know because I want to change the option to 'not show pop up window'!

12. Feb 11, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not working in Prime or Nexus for me. I first noticed it when I was using Prime for a while, and thought it was just something about Prime, but it seems to be happening with both skins. And still doesn't seem fixed as of this morning...I've had plenty of PMs to confirm that now.

13. Feb 12, 2006 #12

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Nor for me.

14. Feb 12, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can change that in your UserCP preferences. I like it because otherwise I don't notice very quickly that I have PMs.

15. Feb 12, 2006 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Yep, I know that!:smile: I just changed the option after upgrading.(before upgrading the number of unread messages written in red simply attracted my attention.)

16. Feb 12, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I agree, if they would show up in red like they used to, I wouldn't mind that the pop-ups aren't working...I usually noticed the color change too. It also kept me from forgetting I had a PM waiting if I cancelled opening a new message when I got the pop-up to return to it later.

17. Feb 12, 2006 #16
    I just noticed the problem too. I had a message from a couple weeks ago that I had no idea about. Checked my settings and they are the same as they used to be but I told it to save changes any way just in case. I tried testing it by sending myself a PM. I didn't get the notification but I was already on the message center page after sending it so I'm not sure if I should have received one or not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?