Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Private messages disappearing

1. Mar 14, 2009 #1
    Recently, I've noticed that any pms I get will disappear from my inbox when I go back to it. It's like they were never there. Could my missing messages be retrieved? I've had a couple since June of last year that have vanished.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2009 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've never had any PMs disappear, are you sure that you didn't accidently delete them?

4. Mar 14, 2009 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could ask the people that sent the PMs if they still have them in their "sent messages" folder.

5. Mar 15, 2009 #4
    Yep, I'm sure. I hit my back button after a message I got and then went back into my pms. Gone. There are a couple of people I've tried to have conversations with but their messages disappear.

6. Mar 15, 2009 #5
    That's what sucks. I get a message relating to a post, so I quickly click over to the post to get the context of the pm and then go back to my inbox, but it's gone. I didn't take note of who sent the pm. I don't get a lot of pms so I forget that there is this bug with my pms. My bad for not paying attention to who sent it before I clicked over.

7. Mar 17, 2009 #6
    As a PF contributor I'm asking for assistance with this issue. Is there someone I can talk to?

8. Mar 17, 2009 #7
    I'll look into when I get home. Very odd.

9. Mar 17, 2009 #8
    Thanks, Greg. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that at one time I had a different username and email. There was some confusion with accounts at that time to where I couldn't log in with my new username. But, maybe that is unrelated.

10. Mar 23, 2009 #9
    Bump.

I'm feeling a little neglected. :(

11. Mar 23, 2009 #10

Danger

Gold Member

I've had a couple vanish as well. I just figured that I'd screwed up somehow.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook