Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Private Messages

1. Feb 12, 2006 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This might sound like a private question obviously, but I'm curious to know who here takes part in private conversations with other members?

In precisely 8 days, I will be an active member of two years. :approve:

It seems silly to not actually know-know anyone here on PF. It doesn't bother me though because I still enjoy it here regardless. I do notice some people do know each other and its probably just through GD discussions, but who knows.

So, does anyone know-know each other on PF?

Just curious, I don't plan on hacking anyone's PM Inbox. :uhh:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2006 #2
    I PM with people quite alot, I think, and I know some do it much more than me.

4. Feb 12, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

I'll email you a text file containing all of danger's, evo's and moonbear's PMs

5. Feb 12, 2006 #4
    I used to send a bunch of pm's to MIH, Evo, and MB, but after that sexual harrassment case I decided I better stop.

6. Feb 12, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have met a number of people here that I consider dear friends, this would be the PF Sisterhood and someone from the brush shelter, among others I won't mention.

I'm open to meeting anyone. Jason, you seem so nice, I'd be happy to count you as a friend.

7. Feb 12, 2006 #6
    I pm all the time but rarely get any replies.
    I've exchanged gifts with Moonbear, years ago. and I've talked with Gale on the phone several times.
    I gave oral sex to jimmy p.
    I've tried getting Evo's number but she won't give it to me.

8. Feb 12, 2006 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I almost called you today, then I didn't.

9. Feb 12, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you stop harrassing me, I'll sue!!!:devil:

10. Feb 12, 2006 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Friends it is. :blushing:

I've actually met only one person online, and this was through a biking community I used to be part of. He was a good guy, so I guess my first and only time was a good experience.

11. Feb 12, 2006 #10
    Actually I've met three people in real life that I first me online. none here. had sex with all three, but that was many years ago.

12. Feb 12, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've PM'd a few people, sent cookies to a few (the real, baked, edible kind, not the computer kind), got Legos once, and met Zz in person at Disney.

Okay, let's not have Jason feeling left out. Everyone send him PMs until his inbox is full! :biggrin:

13. Feb 12, 2006 #12
    I used to send flirty PMs to some of the PF ladies but haven't been in the mood lately. Usually I just PM people when I have a question to ask or comment to make that would best be made privately.

There is another site that I used to frequent much more often and I met several people from there in person. Alot of the people on that site from around here were already friends anyway and we tried to have get togethers with as many people as had time so it was never really a nervous one on one thing. Well except for that one time...

14. Feb 12, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

I hardly ever use PM. I've had about 55 PMs since the (almost)1 year that I've been here. I haven't deleted one :approve: (except for the warning ones :uhh:)

15. Feb 12, 2006 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Warnings?

I've haven't had any warnings yet.

Sometimes I feel that I approached something in the wrong way, acted rude or what not, but I learn from my mistakes. It's never intentional though. Just sometimes things don't come out right online, but so far no one got offended, so I guess they we're never really bad posts to begin with.

16. Feb 13, 2006 #15
    I met that one person blahness(sp?) in real life after PMing him on here O__O

17. Feb 13, 2006 #16

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I never really PM members (though wouldn't complain if they PMed me).
    Met Brewnog and Icvotria one time though :smile:

18. Feb 13, 2006 #17
    I pmed Jason, he still has yet to reply, no wonder he has no friends here :tongue2:

19. Feb 13, 2006 #18

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I wasn't asking for friends. :tongue2:

I was just asking about how often the PM's are used.

I'll be e-mailing you later tonight though.:approve:

20. Feb 13, 2006 #19
    I dont PM people on here because I'm not a scientist. I think I've only gotten one PM on here.

21. Feb 13, 2006 #20
    There's only a handfull of authentic, working scientists around here. Don't let that stop you.

I've initiated PM's for every concievable reason: to ask a question, to compliment someone on a post they wrote I liked, to continue discussions that have gotten off-topic in a particular thread, to ask them something random like "What the hell does that weird symbol in your signature mean?" Once I PM'ed someone to tell them I thought their username was hysterically funny. Didn't hear back for two months when they finally figured out the PM system.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?