Private Messages

• Thread starter Grace
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
I guess I am a prude. I would not have responded to a PM that juvenile.
I think Grace gave a reasonable response to it. I probably would have stopped at the first line, telling him it was an inappropriate and overly forward question to ask and leave it at that. I'm not going to get myself in trouble with someone's parents for answering any question they have about sex or sexuality that can't be asked and answered in the context of the biology forum. Since we allow people on this board 13 yrs and up, juvenile questions will happen from time to time, so I guess I have some patience with explaining to them that they've crossed a line between what is and isnt' appropriate and leave it at that.

Originally posted by Evo:
I guess I am a prude. I would not have responded to a PM that juvenile.
Although I thought it was a little bit of a weird question I replied. I can't say I got offended at all. Questions don't bother me at all. God knows there are worst things a person could do.

I get some really "out there" ones through my yahoo group. I ignore the nasty ones. :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
Moonbear said:
I think Grace gave a reasonable response to it. I probably would have stopped at the first line, telling him it was an inappropriate and overly forward question to ask and leave it at that. I'm not going to get myself in trouble with someone's parents for answering any question they have about sex or sexuality that can't be asked and answered in the context of the biology forum. Since we allow people on this board 13 yrs and up, juvenile questions will happen from time to time, so I guess I have some patience with explaining to them that they've crossed a line between what is and isnt' appropriate and leave it at that.
I'm not that open minded, that PM had no merit whatsoever. That wasn't inquisitiveness, that was pure idiocy from a troll and did not deserve a response. I get those and delete them, I certainly don't respond to them.

Evo
Mentor
Grace said:
Although I thought it was a little bit of a weird question I replied. I can't say I got offended at all. Questions don't bother me at all. God knows there are worst things a person could do.

I get some really "out there" ones through my yahoo group. I ignore the nasty ones. :tongue2:
Sorry Grace, but responding to these idiot messages is not the thing to do. You are only asking them to continue. I don't get offended, I realize what is acceptable and what crosses the line, this crosses the line, dont encourage it, at least not here. If you want this sort of thing, that's fine, don't post it here.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
I'm not that open minded, that PM had no merit whatsoever. That wasn't inquisitiveness, that was pure idiocy from a troll and did not deserve a response. I get those and delete them, I certainly don't respond to them.
I guess if I got a lot of those, I'd stop replying. Not sure if I'd have replied under these circumstances either, given she didn't even know who this poster was. The only time I got anything that personal somewhat out of the blue, I knew it was related to a thread I was discussing at the time, so did respond that the question was too personal and if it couldn't be discussed in the active thread, I wasn't going to discuss it in a PM. But that person promptly apologized realizing he'd gone a tad too far in his curiosity. I figure with most of the board knowing I have expertise in reproduction, I'm a likely target for some off-the-wall questions. Maybe that also means they know they're going to get rather dry answers from me, so don't bother asking.

All I ever get are dirty PMs, 1000s of them. But I won't mention any names (Moonbear, Gokul, Evo, MIH, Ivan, Tsu)

Curious3141
Homework Helper
tribdog said:
All I ever get are dirty PMs, 1000s of them. But I won't mention any names (Moonbear, Gokul, Evo, MIH, Ivan, Tsu)
You want me to send you some too ? :!!) :tongue2:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tribdog said:
But you never complain when I send you dirty PMs. In fact, those seem to be the only ones you reply to. :rofl:

Originally posted Curious3141:
Better than a birdie in the bush. :tongue2:
True, but it depends on whose birdie is in whose bush. :wink: :wink:

tumor said:
Grace ? if that small picture in upper right corner is really you,then you are :tongue2:

Mhhmmmm. :tongue2:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
BoulderHead said:
Thank you MIH, it would really mean a lot to me and I promise not to expose you !
What fun would that be? You know what an exhibitionist I am. :biggrin:

Originally posted by Math Is Hard:
What fun would that be? You know what an exhibitionist I am. :biggrin:
I do have to admit that I am in some form an exhibitionist (but always keep it legal). The reason I wanted to pose for men was because I was in the military and felt so "boyish" my whole life. I saw how beautiful the models were & always wondered what I would look like if my face/body were in the hands of the expert photographers. For me it's about feeling beautiful & expressing my freedom to pose nude & let others appreciate it.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Grace said:
I do have to admit that I am in some form an exhibitionist (but always keep it legal). The reason I wanted to pose for men was because I was in the military and felt so "boyish" my whole life. I saw how beautiful the models were & always wondered what I would look like if my face/body were in the hands of the expert photographers. For me it's about feeling beautiful & expressing my freedom to pose nude & let others appreciate it.
Uh oh ! :rolleyes:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gokul43201 said:
Uh oh ! :rolleyes:
My sentiments as well. Grace, that might have been a bit too much personal information there! It certainly won't help avoid the young guys around here sending strange PMs. :rolleyes:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You've Got Mail!

I'm guessing Grace's PM message box is full already!

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
I'm guessing Grace's PM message box is full already!
:mad: And it's all your fault ! :wink:

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
And her gratious (from Grace :tongue2: ) hand would feel so molested if the brain asked it to take the mouse and click on "Check all" and "Delete"...

Yeah,...Posing nude is good for men's sight... :tongue2:

Daniel.

Gokul43201 said:
:mad: And it's all your fault ! :wink:

Bad MIH, Bad!!

Look what you got her into!

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm sorry. Seems I can't even go 24 hrs. without making trouble. :redface:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
dextercioby said:
Yeah,...Posing nude is good for men's sight... :tongue2:

Daniel.
Oh, no, I think it's supposed to make you go blind, and then you grow hair on your palms. :uhh: Hmm, no, maybe that's something else. :tongue2:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Oh, no, I think it's supposed to make you go blind, and then you grow hair on your palms. :uhh: Hmm, no, maybe that's something else. :tongue2:
My friend has hair growing on his palms.

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Grace said:
Damn ! I want to send you PM, but I'm not very good at typing one handed. :tongue2: :!!)

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Moonbear said:
:rofl: :rofl: I thought we dumped that thread... :tongue2: Saint,is that u hacking into Moonbear's PF account ??? :tongue2: :tongue2:

Daniel.

Curious3141 said:
Damn ! I want to send you PM, but I'm not very good at typing one handed. :tongue2: :!!)

I'm going to have nightmares of that.

And i think it was you who sent the original pm.

Curious3141
Homework Helper
franznietzsche said:
I'm going to have nightmares of that.

And i think it was you who sent the original pm.
I wish. :biggrin: