Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Probability and matlab.

1. Oct 22, 2011 #1
    Hello fellow electrical engineers!

I have a course, theory of information. Among other things, we are taught to translate probability into matlab and test it out.

Thing is, we don't have a lot to work from. I have to figure out myself how to calculate probability and test it out in matlab.

I know some basics, rand, randn etc. But that is not enough.

Can somebody point me to the right section of this forum, where I can ask questions like this.
    I posted some in homework sections, but its not homework. I need somebody with knowledge of MATLAB and probability functions, and probability in general in MATLAB.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2011 #2
    I assume you know the basics of probability. If you don't what's a random variable or a probability density function, you should study it.
    this link contains some examples of plotting pdfs using matlab: http://128.59.61.91/lectures/matlab10/page2.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Oct 22, 2011 #3
    I do, we do that. But translating that to matlab and all is giving me a headache. All those tests, experiments etc etc. I need a good source to tie that with matlab.

But thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook