Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Probability density in physics

1. Nov 21, 2018 #1
    Studying probabilistic density, I know that a function that is integrated between two limits presents a probability. But how should I think to solve a problem where I need to determine the probability of a particle being seen being that its moment liner is a constant value

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2018 #2

PeroK

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

There may be something lost in translation there. Do you mean the probability that you have specific value?

4. Nov 21, 2018 #3
    The linear momentum of the particle has a value equal to five. I'm trying to understand how I can explain the probability of a particle view by having a constant liner moment. In my previous studies of probabilistic density, I had a range of values, but I could not analyze when the value is constant.

5. Nov 21, 2018 #4

PeroK

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to say I don't understand your question.

6. Nov 21, 2018 #5
    It sounds like you are trying to apply the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and you've been told that ##p = 5## (in some units) with ##\Delta p = 0##. Is that your problem?

Were you really told that ##\Delta p = 0## or is this an assumption you are making? You really have told us nothing about the calculation you are trying to do.

Can you try to provide a more complete question?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted