Probability density in physics

Main Question or Discussion Point

Studying probabilistic density, I know that a function that is integrated between two limits presents a probability. But how should I think to solve a problem where I need to determine the probability of a particle being seen being that its moment liner is a constant value

Answers and Replies

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Studying probabilistic density, I know that a function that is integrated between two limits presents a probability. But how should I think to solve a problem where I need to determine the probability of a particle being seen being that its moment liner is a constant value
There may be something lost in translation there. Do you mean the probability that you have specific value?

The linear momentum of the particle has a value equal to five. I'm trying to understand how I can explain the probability of a particle view by having a constant liner moment. In my previous studies of probabilistic density, I had a range of values, but I could not analyze when the value is constant.

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The linear momentum of the particle has a value equal to five. I'm trying to understand how I can explain the probability of a particle view by having a constant liner moment. In my previous studies of probabilistic density, I had a range of values, but I could not analyze when the value is constant.
I'm sorry to say I don't understand your question.

RPinPA
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It sounds like you are trying to apply the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and you've been told that ##p = 5## (in some units) with ##\Delta p = 0##. Is that your problem?

Were you really told that ##\Delta p = 0## or is this an assumption you are making? You really have told us nothing about the calculation you are trying to do.

Can you try to provide a more complete question?