Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Probability help .

  1. Dec 9, 2011 #1
    Probability help.....

    If i have a standard 80% chance of wining and 20% chance of losing
    than what is the chance of me losing 5 times in a row 10 times in a row
    and 20 times in a row.

    I would be very grateful if someone can show me how to calculate this on my own.

    Thanks

    I am trying to figure out the maximum number of divination in the losing direction
    so occurrences 500.
     
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2011 #2

    mathman

    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Re: Probability help.....

    Since your chance of losing is .2, the chances of losing k times in a row (assuming independence of the trials) is .2k.

    Your last sentence has typos - I can't understand it.
     
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook




Similar Discussions: Probability help .
  1. Help with Probability (Replies: 1)

  2. Probability help (Replies: 4)

  3. Probability HELP (Replies: 1)

  4. Probability Help (Replies: 1)

Loading...