: Probability question help me please

In summary, the customer has purchased US tries, and has requested font-end alignment. The conditional probabilities are as follows: p(A)=0.75, p(B|A)=0.9, and p(B|A')=0.8. The unconditional probabilities are as follows: p(A)=0.75. The tree diagram is as follows: first, second, and third-generation branches with event labels and corresponding probabilities next to each branch. The conditional probabilities are as follows: p(A|B)=0.8, p(A|B')=0.6, and p(C|AB)=0.8. The unconditional probabilities are as follows: p
asraar
URGENT : Probability question help me please !

For customers purchasing a full set of tries at a particular tries store, the events :
A = tries purchsed were made in United States
B = purchaser has tries balanced immediately
C = pruchas 1 er requests font-end alignment

along with A', B' and C'
Assume the following unconditional and conditional prpbabilities:
p(A)=0.75
p(B|A) 0.9
p(B|A')=0.8
p(C|AB)=0.8
P(C|AB')=0.6
P(C|A' B)=0.7
P(C| A '  B ' ) = 0.3

a ) constract a tree diagram consisting of first, second and third -generation branches and place an event label and apporiate probabilty next to each branch.

b) compute P ( A  B  C )

c ) compute P ( B  C )

d ) P (C)

e) compute P (A |B  C ).the probability of a purchasing of US. tries given that both balancing and an aligment were requested

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
 >> is Intersection symbol

Have you solved any of these? Or thought about? How far did you get?

try it first and the rest of us will help you.

We aren't here to solve problems flat out for you...People here want to help, not waste their and your time.

yes actually I tried to solve it..

but I did not know how to solve a , c and d

my solution for b ) is =

P (C / A intersiction B).P(A intersection B)
= P ( C/ A intersiction B ) . P (B / A ) . P (A)
= 0.8 * 0.9 * 0.75 = 0.54

and e )

= p (A intersection B intersection C ) / p ( B intersection C )
= 0.54 / 0.68
= 0.7941

Please I need the solution tonight coz I have Quiz in it tommorw morning

??

asraar said:
Please I need the solution tonight coz I have Quiz in it tommorw morning
So what you are telling us is that you really don't want to learn anything, you just want to trick your teacher into thinking you know it?

Just out of curiosity, is it at all possible that by "tries" you mean "tires"?

Last edited by a moderator:
so you dunn want to to help me ?

People have been TRYING to help you! You show no sign of wanting to do YOUR part!

1. How do I calculate probability?

Probability is calculated by dividing the number of desired outcomes by the total number of possible outcomes. For example, if you roll a standard six-sided die, the probability of rolling a 3 would be 1 out of 6, or 1/6.

2. What is the difference between theoretical and experimental probability?

Theoretical probability is based on the assumption that all outcomes are equally likely, while experimental probability is based on actual data collected from experiments or observations. Theoretical probability can be calculated mathematically, while experimental probability is calculated by recording the number of times an event occurs and dividing it by the total number of trials.

3. Can probability be greater than 1 or less than 0?

No, probability cannot be greater than 1 or less than 0. A probability of 1 means the event is certain to occur, while a probability of 0 means the event is impossible. All probabilities must fall between these two values.

4. How does the addition rule of probability work?

The addition rule of probability states that the probability of event A or B occurring is equal to the sum of their individual probabilities, minus the probability of both events occurring at the same time. This can be represented by the formula P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A and B).

5. Can probability be used to predict the future?

No, probability cannot be used to predict the future. It is a mathematical concept used to quantify the likelihood of an event occurring based on past data or assumptions. It cannot account for unknown factors or random chance that may affect the outcome of an event.