I have been grappling with this one for the past 24 hours. I'll make this baseball related, consisting of three independent events assuming the following: Player A has a 40% chance of stealing a base in "his game" tonight. Player B has a 60% chance of stealing a base in "his game" tonight. Player C has a 10% chance of stealing a base in "his game" tonight. I want to figure out what the chances are that AT LEAST ONE of the three players will steal a base tonight. I originally thought the formula was P(AUBUC)=P(A)+P(B)+P(C)-P(A)*P(B)*P(C), but that gives me a final result of 1.076... a result higher than 100%. So that can't be it. Can somebody help me out with this one?