Answer Probability Quiz: ((x1 + x2 +... + x33)^4) Monomials & Sum

In summary, the expansion of ((x1 + x2 +... + x33) ^ 4) yields a total of 18 monomials of the form (xi^2)*(xj^2) with i not equal to j. The coefficients of these monomials follow a pattern, and this pattern can be extended to 33. This problem involves combinatorics and the binomial coefficient. To count the number of ways to select a pair (xi, xj) from (x1, x2, ..., x33), we need to choose exactly 2 xi's and 2 xj's from the expansion (x1 + x2 + ... + x33)^4.
ParisSpart
In the expansion of ((x1 + x2 +... + x33) ^ 4) how many monomials are of the form (xi ^ 2)*(xj^2)
with i not equal with j

if we add the coefficients of all these mononymon what is the sum?

E.g. the expansion of (x1 + x2 + x3) ^ 4 the requested number is 18

this is a probability quiz but i can think how to solve it with theory of probabilities any ideas for howmto beggin to solve this?

Physics news on Phys.org
There is nothing probabilistic here, but combinatorics is important.
Have a closer look at your example - you should see some pattern about the coefficients. Find that pattern, and extend it to 33.

ParisSpart said:
E.g. the expansion of (x1 + x2 + x3) ^ 4 the requested number is 18
I don't think so. I believe 6x12x22 constitutes one monomial.

I think it comes down to counting the number of ways of selecting a pair from {1,2,...,33}. For each

pair (xi[/SUBi,xj)) ,there will be one term xi[/SUP]2[/SUP]*xj2 . The general binomial coefficient ci in

ci x1y1x2y2x3y3 x4y4 counts

precisely the number of ways of selecting a total of y_1 x_1's, y_2 x_2's, etc. in the product.

Then ,for

xi2xj2, you're counting the number of ways of selecting exactly 2 x_i's and 2 x_j's from the expansion :

(x1+x2+x3+x4)... ( 4 times )

How many ways can you choose a pair (xi,xj) from

(x1,x2, x3,...,x33)?

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of the answer probability quiz for ((x1 + x2 +... + x33)^4) monomials and sum?

The purpose of this answer probability quiz is to test your understanding of monomials and sum, specifically those raised to the fourth power. It will help you practice and improve your skills in solving problems involving these mathematical concepts.

2. How many questions are included in the answer probability quiz for ((x1 + x2 +... + x33)^4) monomials and sum?

There are a total of 33 questions in this answer probability quiz, corresponding to the 33 variables (x1 to x33) in the monomial expression raised to the fourth power.

3. Is this quiz suitable for all levels of knowledge in mathematics?

Yes, this quiz is suitable for all levels of knowledge in mathematics. It covers basic concepts of monomials and sum raised to the fourth power, making it suitable for beginners, while also providing a challenging practice for those with advanced knowledge.

4. Are there any resources available to help with solving the answer probability quiz for ((x1 + x2 +... + x33)^4) monomials and sum?

Yes, there are resources available to help with solving this answer probability quiz. You can refer to your textbook, online tutorials, or consult with a math teacher or tutor for assistance.

5. Can this quiz be taken multiple times to improve understanding and skills?

Yes, this quiz can be taken multiple times to improve understanding and skills. Repeated practice will help reinforce your knowledge and skills in solving problems involving monomials and sum raised to the fourth power.