1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Probability theory book

1. Jun 29, 2008 #1
    What book should I get to learn probability theory by self-study? I bought Shiryaev's Graduate Text in Mathematics and the problem is that it just develops so much theory but then provides few exercises, making it really hard to self-study. I probably should have expected this though. So, I am looking for something a little less advanced than Shiryaev but still rigorous since I have a pretty strong math background (I have completed all the math major requirements). Something at the level of Rudin's "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" would be good. It would be nice if it had answers or solutions in the back of the book or somewhere on the internet also.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2008 #2
  4. Jun 30, 2008 #3

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

When I did a course on probability theory, we used the book by Meester, A natural introduction to probability theory. I liked it because of the clear explanations and the heap of examples and exercises. Sample chapters also available for viewing in the link.

5. Jun 30, 2008 #4
    Has anyone used "A Probability Path" by Sidney Resnick?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?