1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem books in QFT

1. Feb 25, 2009 #1

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hello, as a new student of OFT and theoretical particle physics, I thought there might be good to create a thread where discussion on "Problems and solutions"-books in QFT are devoted.

There is already discussion going on about "which book is best for QFT" and also thread where McMahons book "QFT demystifed" is under investigation.

I here suggest 4 books which has the character "problems and solutions in QFT" which we may start discussion on. Feel free to add books to the discussion if you like. Books which has costumer comments on Amazon has been indicated with a star (*).

i) Gauge Theory of Elementary Particle Physics: Problems and Solutions, by Ta-Pei Cheng, Oxford

ii) Problem Book in Quantum Field Theory, by Voja Radovanovic, Springer

iii) Field Quantization, by Walter Greiner, Springer (3.5*'s)

iv) Quantum Electrodynamics, by Walter Greiner, Springer (5*'s)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2011 #2
    damn, I was full of hope until I scrolled down.

4. Nov 4, 2011 #3
    Atkinson has a problem book in QFT and also basic QM. I'm not too crazy about it. I think Greiner's books (he has one for weak interactions and QCD as well), Cheng & Li, and Radovanovic are the most useful. Also I believe that there are some solutions floating out there on the internet for the draft version of Srednicki's QFT book.

Atkinson's book: https://www.amazon.com/Exercises-Quantum-Field-Theory-Self-Contained/dp/1589490312

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook