Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem in a Zooming Level Program

1. Jun 5, 2010 #1
    Hi every one.
    I am tying to build a Zooming application that is a zoom by level type.
    i manege to create the following:

1. [1]first i to build a zoom Meter that spited overall zoom into Levels and sub zooms for each level.
      [2]each level represent a set of divided image increasing by level and ordered by Level,column and row.
      [3]and i create procedure that shift image to zoom center by this transformation:
      Z(x1,y1)=(x1-x2,y1-y2):x1,y1 center before zoom;x2,y2:center after zoom.
      [4]then i create a procedure that combine's the image.
      [5]and procedure to calculate Subtractive of a point in other level by this transformation:
      S(x1,y1)=((x1*d2)/d1,(y1*d`2)/d`1):x1,y1 target point; d1,d2 old dimension;d`1,d`2: new dimension.
      [6]and procedure that detects the viewed parts of image in the view port(putting the result in two dimension array of Boolean [Column][Row])

then during my analysis to the program i ran into many problems like:

1. [1]what is the effective methods to creates fixed frame (by dimensions of the form) that represent a 'view' part of the image, that capable to pan throw the total image ,zoom from /to image plus move throw the levels, with 'aware' for border updates.

[2]effective algorithms for transformation like(move ,zoom) for my levels;

if you please, i need some help in this manner ,please put some hint to solve my problem.

thank you very much for reading may request.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted