Problem in my physics class i cant figure out

In summary, if you are struggling with a problem in your physics class, it could be due to a new concept, lack of review of foundational concepts, or the complexity of the problem. It may be helpful to try a different approach, such as breaking the problem down or seeking help from resources like teachers, classmates, and online materials. To improve your problem-solving skills, make sure to thoroughly understand concepts, practice with different problems, and seek feedback. And if you're still stuck, take a break and come back to it with a fresh perspective or seek help from others.
ozziegolf05

Homework Statement

How much heat is absorbed by a person’s hand if 100 grams of liquid water at 100°C is poured on his hand? (Assume the final temperature of the water will be normal body temperature of 37°C)

Homework Equations

dont have any

The Attempt at a Solution

dont have one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, you know the temperature change of the water. You also know the specific heat capacity of water. Therefore, you can figure out how much energy has to be lost by that amount of water in order for that temperature change to occur.

1. Why am I struggling with this problem in my physics class?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are having difficulty with a particular problem in your physics class. It could be because the concept is new to you, or you may need to review some foundational concepts. It's also possible that the problem is complex and requires more time and effort to fully understand. Identifying the specific reason can help you address the issue more effectively.

2. How can I approach this problem differently?

If you are having trouble solving a problem in your physics class, it may be helpful to try a different approach. This could include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, drawing diagrams to visualize the concepts, or seeking help from a classmate or teacher. Don't be afraid to try different strategies to find the one that works best for you.

3. What resources are available to help me with this problem?

There are many resources available to help you with physics problems, both online and in-person. Your teacher, classmates, and tutors are all great resources to turn to for assistance. You can also find helpful videos, practice problems, and study guides online. Don't be afraid to reach out for help and take advantage of all the resources available to you.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

Problem-solving is a crucial skill in physics and can be improved with practice and patience. Some tips for improving your problem-solving skills include thoroughly understanding the underlying concepts, practicing with a variety of problems, and seeking feedback from your teacher. It's also important to stay organized and focused while approaching a problem.

5. What should I do if I still can't figure out this problem?

If you are still struggling with a problem in your physics class, don't get discouraged. Take a break and come back to it later with a fresh perspective. You can also try approaching the problem from a different angle or seeking help from a teacher or classmate. Remember, it's okay to ask for help and it's all part of the learning process.