Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem needing fix

1. Oct 5, 2012 #1
    Hello. Whenever I get to the first log in page at Physics Forums...by default I am at the bottom of the screen. I then have to go to the right hand side of the page and use the scroll bar to climb back to the top of the page so I can log in. Why is that? Is there something I can do? I am using Windows XP. Will physics forums be able to fix such an issue or recommend a fix for me?
    Thanks for any and all responses
    Bye
    SC

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2012 #2
    Try disabling JS and load the page again. Let me know what happens.

4. Oct 5, 2012 #3
    Hello. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the computer I am using at this time I believe does not allow me to 'disable' JavaScript. In a short while I am going to get to 'another' computer and see if I can do it there..so in the future I will let you know if that does the trick.

Sorry about this question..I might simply be able to figure it out myself... but since I'm at a computer right now..how does one go about disabling JavaScript?

Thanks
    SC

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. Oct 5, 2012 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

What browser do you use?

6. Oct 5, 2012 #5
    Hello. Thanks for the response. I am using a 'Brampton Library' computer.

I believe it uses a Windows XP operating system.

A much better computer that I use is at a 'work related computer resource center'

Bye
    SC

7. Oct 5, 2012 #6

Borek

No, I am asking about program that is installed on the computer and used to browse web pages. If it is on XP it is most likely Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.

8. Oct 6, 2012 #7
    Hello.

Internet Explorer.

Bye
    SC

9. Oct 12, 2012 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It just happened when I tried to open "PF Movie Night". It was locked up long enough for me to note the message at the bottom of my screen: "Waiting for api.viglink.com..."

It was maybe 45 seconds.

10. Oct 12, 2012 #9

Evo

That's a tracking service Greg uses, that's something different.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook