How Much Torque Is Needed for a 2.0-kg Ball's Angular Acceleration?

• Thread starter Kroberts
  • Start date
In summary, the problem of formularand is the lack of a clear and efficient formula for achieving a certain goal or solving a specific issue. This creates a need for a well-defined and structured formula that can be easily understood and applied by individuals or organizations. By addressing this need, formularand can provide a valuable solution to various problems and improve overall productivity and success.
Kroberts
I cannot solve this problem. Need help Please. here is the problem.
'What net Torque is required to give a uniform 2.0-kg solid ball with a radius of 0.20m an angular acceleration of 2.0 rad/Ssquare ?[

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: Similar to F=ma for translational dynamics, Torque is proportional to angular acceleration in rotational dynamics. Mass is replaced by "moment of inertia", which depends on the shape (and axis of rotation) of the object.

Find the moment of inertia of a solid ball.

To solve this problem, you will need to use the formula for torque: T = I * alpha, where T is torque, I is the moment of inertia, and alpha is the angular acceleration.

First, we need to calculate the moment of inertia of the ball. For a solid sphere, the moment of inertia is given by I = (2/5) * m * r^2, where m is the mass and r is the radius. Plugging in the given values, we get I = (2/5) * 2.0 kg * (0.20m)^2 = 0.08 kg*m^2.

Next, we can plug in the values for the moment of inertia and angular acceleration into the formula for torque. T = (0.08 kg*m^2) * (2.0 rad/s^2) = 0.16 Nm.

Therefore, the net torque required to give the ball an angular acceleration of 2.0 rad/s^2 is 0.16 Nm. I hope this helps you solve the problem. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

1. What is a problem, needs formula?

A problem, needs formula is a formal method for identifying and defining a problem or need that requires a solution. It typically includes a clear statement of the problem, the desired outcome, and any constraints or limitations that may impact the solution.

2. How is a problem, needs formula used in scientific research?

In scientific research, a problem, needs formula is used to clearly define and communicate the objective of the study. It helps guide the research process and ensures that the study is focused and relevant. It also serves as a reference point for evaluating the success of the study and the proposed solution.

3. What are the key components of a problem, needs formula?

The key components of a problem, needs formula include a problem statement, a desired outcome or goal, any constraints or limitations, and a proposed solution. It may also include background information, data or evidence supporting the problem, and a timeline for addressing the problem.

4. How is a problem, needs formula different from a hypothesis?

A problem, needs formula and a hypothesis serve different purposes in scientific research. A problem, needs formula defines and outlines a problem or need, while a hypothesis is a proposed explanation or prediction for a phenomenon. A problem, needs formula is used to guide the research process, while a hypothesis is used to test a specific idea or theory.

5. Can a problem, needs formula change during the research process?

Yes, a problem, needs formula can change during the research process. As new information is gathered and analyzed, the problem or need may become more clearly defined or may shift in focus. It is important to regularly review and update the problem, needs formula to ensure that the research remains relevant and on track.