1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem on Electromagnetism

1. Oct 8, 2004 #1
    A small conducting loop of mass m,radius r,resistance R is released from rest along a smooth inclined plane such that the plane of the loop is perpendicular to a magnetic field which varies along x-axis as B=B'(1+ax).here B' and a are constants.Find the speed of the ring as a function of time.

My problem is that we have to consider both 1)motional emf and 2)emf due to variable magnetic field.
    how do u go about solving it?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2004 #2
    The motional emf is induced across the inner 7 outer circumference & since the thickness of the ring is neligible, It can be neglected.

4. Oct 8, 2004 #3
    The motional emf is induced across the inner & outer circumference & since the thickness of the ring is neligible, It can be neglected.

5. Oct 8, 2004 #4
    hi.just assume the the ring is not small,i forgot to mention that.what do i do then?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook