Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Problem on forces

1. Oct 1, 2003 #1
    I need your help on these guys!

1) Two objects are connected by a light string that passes over a frictionless pulley. If the incline is frictionless and m1=2.00 kg, m2=6.00kg and theta=55.0 degrees, a)find the acceleration of the objects. b)the tension in the string and c) the speed of each object at 2.00 s after being released from rest. (note: both of the objects are over a pulley, on an incline.

2)Two blocks of mass 3.50kg and 8.00kg are connected by a massless string passing over a frictionless pulley. The inclines are frictionless. Find a) the magnitude of acceleration of each block and b)the tension in the string. (theta for each side=35 degrees)

I would appreciate if someone could explain them to me please. Thank you!:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2003 #2

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

" both of the objects are over a pulley, on an incline." Does that mean both objects are sitting on the same incline or is one on the incline and the other hanging? Where is the pulley in relation to the incline- and where is angle theta?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook