1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem on forces

1. Oct 1, 2003 #1
    I need your help on these guys!

1) Two objects are connected by a light string that passes over a frictionless pulley. If the incline is frictionless and m1=2.00 kg, m2=6.00kg and theta=55.0 degrees, a)find the acceleration of the objects. b)the tension in the string and c) the speed of each object at 2.00 s after being released from rest. (note: both of the objects are over a pulley, on an incline.

2)Two blocks of mass 3.50kg and 8.00kg are connected by a massless string passing over a frictionless pulley. The inclines are frictionless. Find a) the magnitude of acceleration of each block and b)the tension in the string. (theta for each side=35 degrees)

I would appreciate if someone could explain them to me please. Thank you!:smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2003 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

" both of the objects are over a pulley, on an incline." Does that mean both objects are sitting on the same incline or is one on the incline and the other hanging? Where is the pulley in relation to the incline- and where is angle theta?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?