Problem on loud speaker

• Thread starter copresh1
  • Start date
i am a bit confused as to where to start on this problem, any hint will be appreciated.(problem attached)

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Doc2.doc
    39 KB · Views: 145

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
What is the equation for the force on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field? What is the equation for the magnetic field generated by an air core coil? How can you use these two equations to help you solve this problem?

F=BLI
where B is flux density,L is lenght of conductor, and I is the current in the conductor.
magnetic field density=magnetic flux/c/s area
magnetic flux=mmf/reluctance
& reluctance=lenght of airgap/mew0 * c/s A

using f=BLI i found B=100T
next i used S=L/mew0*crosssectional area of air gap(L=10mm,c/sarea airgap=piD=3.14*0.001)
=2533029.59A/wb
next using H=IN/L(I=100mA,N=50,L=15mm this assumed)
=333.33A/m
but when i go to find relative permeabilty i am getting a huge value which i think is wrong.
apart from that my understanding is that i there are three elements involved here ie the coil,the magnet,the airgap(am i right?)but how do i find the mmf of the magnet bcoz i cannot find the reluctance of the magnet

berkeman
Mentor
How huge is the [tex]\mu_0[/tex] value that you are getting? The relative permeability of magnetic materials can be quite high, in the tens of thousands for some materials.

sorry for the delay in responding
the value i get for relative permeability is 238734.802
i will scan and attach the method that i have followed to solve the prob till now.