How do you calculate relative permeability in a loud speaker?

• Thread starter copresh1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Speaker
In summary, the conversation discussed a problem involving the force on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field and the equation for the magnetic field generated by an air core coil. The equation F=BLI was used to find the value of B, which was then used to calculate the magnetic field density and the value of H. However, there was confusion around finding the relative permeability of the magnet, which was estimated to be 238734.802. The conversation also mentioned the three elements involved in the problem - the coil, the magnet, and the airgap - and the difficulty in finding the mmf of the magnet.
copresh1
i am a bit confused as to where to start on this problem, any hint will be appreciated.(problem attached)

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Doc2.doc
    39 KB · Views: 215
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the equation for the force on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field? What is the equation for the magnetic field generated by an air core coil? How can you use these two equations to help you solve this problem?

F=BLI
where B is flux density,L is length of conductor, and I is the current in the conductor.
magnetic field density=magnetic flux/c/s area
magnetic flux=mmf/reluctance
& reluctance=lenght of airgap/mew0 * c/s A

using f=BLI i found B=100T
next i used S=L/mew0*crosssectional area of air gap(L=10mm,c/sarea airgap=piD=3.14*0.001)
=2533029.59A/wb
next using H=IN/L(I=100mA,N=50,L=15mm this assumed)
=333.33A/m
but when i go to find relative permeabilty i am getting a huge value which i think is wrong.
apart from that my understanding is that i there are three elements involved here ie the coil,the magnet,the airgap(am i right?)but how do i find the mmf of the magnet bcoz i cannot find the reluctance of the magnet

How huge is the [tex]\mu_0[/tex] value that you are getting? The relative permeability of magnetic materials can be quite high, in the tens of thousands for some materials.

sorry for the delay in responding
the value i get for relative permeability is 238734.802
i will scan and attach the method that i have followed to solve the prob till now.

1. What is the purpose of a loud speaker?

A loud speaker is a device that converts electrical signals into sound waves, allowing us to amplify and project sound over a large area.

2. What are common problems that can occur with a loud speaker?

Some common problems with loud speakers include distortion, crackling or popping sounds, low volume, and complete loss of sound.

3. How do I troubleshoot a loud speaker problem?

To troubleshoot a loud speaker problem, you can check the connections and ensure they are secure, adjust the volume settings, and test the speaker with different audio sources. If the problem persists, it may be a hardware issue that requires professional repair.

4. Why does a loud speaker sometimes produce distorted sound?

Distorted sound from a loud speaker can be caused by several factors, such as a damaged or worn-out speaker cone, loose connections, or incorrect audio settings. It can also be a sign of overloading the speaker with too much power.

5. Can loud speakers be harmful to our hearing?

Yes, loud speakers can be harmful to our hearing if they are played at high volumes for extended periods. It is important to follow recommended volume levels and take breaks to protect our hearing.