AutoCAD 2010 Virus - Problem Solving Tips

• Thread starter chetfiller
  • Start date
In summary, it sounds like you may have a problem with the AutoCAD installation or the installation of some other software that is required for AutoCAD. The first sensible step is to uninstall AutoCAD and then re-install it. If that does not work, then you can try recovering or auditing the drawing.
chetfiller
I can’t save any AutoCAD drawings, when i push the save button or file->save (or save as) the AutoCAD writs on the command bar and do nothing, it seems like a virus on the AutoCAD program. I have AutoCAD 2010 and win 7
any ideas how i can delete the virus from the AutoCAD?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I assume that you had everything working fine and then suddenly this has started to happen.
It's not necessarily something to do with a virus.
It would be an unusual virus that disables a particular software product and does nothing else.
It could be that something has gone wrong with the AutoCAD installation.
First sensible step is to uninstall then re-install it, (make sure you have made backup copies of important data files first.)
I think AutoCAD requires a registration key too, if so make sure you have a copy of that as well!

Last edited:
chetfiller said:
I can’t save any AutoCAD drawings, when i push the save button or file->save (or save as) the AutoCAD writs on the command bar and do nothing, it seems like a virus on the AutoCAD program. I have AutoCAD 2010 and win 7
any ideas how i can delete the virus from the AutoCAD?
Is there any chance that this is the Free Trial version, and the trial period has expired?

Another possibility is that you have run out of free disk space.
Some big packages have a requirement that a minimum amount of free space is available, even if you are going to be only reading files.
Normally though, an error message will be shown if that's the problem.

Did you try to Recover or Audit the drawing?
Insert into a new .dwg or XREF?
See if there is a .bak file of the drawing and rename?

Now, after I read what you told me, I changed the extension from .bak to .dwg and it worked in one out of four files so it is a good start.
I will also try your other suggestions and post the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is AutoCAD 2010 Virus and how does it affect my computer?

AutoCAD 2010 Virus is a malicious software that infects computers running AutoCAD 2010. It can cause a variety of issues such as crashing, freezing, and slowing down your computer.

How can I tell if my computer has been infected with AutoCAD 2010 Virus?

If you are experiencing frequent crashes or freezes while using AutoCAD 2010, it is possible that your computer has been infected with the virus. You may also notice unusual pop-up ads or strange behavior from your computer.

How can I prevent my computer from getting infected with AutoCAD 2010 Virus?

The best way to prevent your computer from getting infected is to have a reliable antivirus software installed and regularly updated. You should also be cautious when downloading and installing programs, and avoid clicking on suspicious links or emails.

Can I remove AutoCAD 2010 Virus myself?

It is possible to remove the virus yourself, but it can be a complex and risky process. It is recommended to seek professional help from a computer technician or use a reputable antivirus software to ensure the virus is completely removed.

How can I fix issues caused by AutoCAD 2010 Virus?

If your computer is experiencing issues due to the virus, you may need to repair or reinstall AutoCAD 2010. You should also run a full virus scan to ensure the virus is completely removed. If the issues persist, it is best to seek professional help.