Derivative Troubles: A Scientist's Dilemma?

• Thread starter Garlic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivative
In summary, the individual is struggling with finding the derivative of a function and is unsure where they went wrong. They mention using the chain rule and taking the derivative with respect to t. They also express gratitude for the help.
Garlic
Gold Member
Hello PF,

1. Homework Statement

I've been having problems with the deriative of a function, although I thought I've done everything right, my solution doesn't match with the right solution. I have no clue what (or if) I've done anything wrong, or simply don't know the tricks I was supposed to use.

Homework Equations

+ 3. The Attempt at a Solution [/B]

IMAG1382_1.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay, so it appears, that I haven't correctly derived the function at the beginning, so the problem begins with the first row.

Foil everything... Than you're just going to be using the chain rule

Likes Garlic
Take the derivative with respect to t

Thank you! :smile:

Likes sunnnystrong

1. What is a derivative?

A derivative is a mathematical concept that measures the rate of change of a function with respect to its independent variable. It represents the slope of a tangent line at a specific point on a curve.

2. What are some common problems with derivatives?

Some common problems with derivatives include finding the derivative of a complex function, determining the derivative of a function at a specific point, and understanding the geometric interpretation of derivatives.

3. How do you solve problems involving derivatives?

To solve problems involving derivatives, you typically need to use the rules of differentiation to find the derivative of the function, and then use that derivative to solve the given problem. It is important to understand the properties and applications of derivatives to successfully solve these problems.

4. What are some real-world applications of derivatives?

Derivatives have many real-world applications, including in physics, economics, engineering, and biology. They are used to model and analyze rates of change, optimize functions, and understand the behavior of complex systems.

5. Why is it important to understand derivatives?

Understanding derivatives is important because they are fundamental to many areas of mathematics and have numerous real-world applications. They also serve as a building block for more advanced mathematical concepts and are used in various fields of science and engineering.