Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with a Simulink model for current control of PMSM

1. Feb 8, 2013 #1
    Hello there,

I am working on a current control loop for a PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine) in which the stator currents of the machine are to be controlled through PI control of decoupled currents in rotor reference frame.

The problem is that when I run the simulation in open loop, the results are fine but connection to the current loop, the output is completely distorted. Even the modulating signals for the generation of PWM pulses are not formed properly when the system is in closed loop. I have spent a lot of time debugging the issue till now without any progress. I am running out of time and hence, I have turned to you for guidance.

For some reason, I am not able to attach the two simulink model files due to file-type incompatibility. If anyone of you can send me an e-mail at ashwath.prabhakar@gmail.com, I will be obliged to send you the Simulink models in reply. One model contains the open loop system and the other contains the closed-loop current-controlled system. The closed-loop system is not functioning properly and I request your help in this regard.

I would be highly obliged if any of you can debug the circuit and let me know the problem. As far as I checked, the transformations (abc-dq and vice-versa) are also correct but you can still verify them for their accuracy.

Thanks and Regards,

Kautilya

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted