1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with audacity

1. Jun 10, 2006 #1
    I've been using audacity for quite a time, and it's never happened to me before. I tried to save a song as .mp3 and it asks me for a Lame library (It never asked me for one before, 'til now. Anyway, I downloaded the Lame library, try to save a song as mp3, and it returns, in .mp3 -> no sound and song whatsoever, but just some whooshes and the like. Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2006 #2
    When you first export an mp3, you have to show Audacity the location of the lame encoding .dll (which you downed via the Audacity site at sourceforce, I take it). If you did that, I don't know, you can check whether you have the most recent version. Be advised that I have had degradation when I modified tempo, pitch or key in Audacity 1.2.3; can't tell why, haven't tried it with the most recent version, but it recently exported a wav to mp3 flawlessly (as far as I could hear).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?