Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with Exercise and Sweat

1. Apr 27, 2006 #1
    Hey there. I've been having this problem and hoping someone has had some experience dealing with this. Everytime I exercise, instead of perspiration coming from my head, I get an itch with a little flakiness instead. My head doesn't seem to sweat anymore. The same itch comes when I go into unusually dry and warm rooms like a computer lab or an old building with little ventilation. Any idea what could be wrong? I fear going to the doctor because I really don't want to end up taking meds but if I have to I will.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2006 #2
    well from a quick search online seems that itching would be fairly common if you're not sweating properly. there's loads of warnings about not sweating enough though, and a sickness called anhidrosis that maybe you should google and see if you might have that. Probably the best bet for now is to drink a lot of water because dehydration makes your skin not happy.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?