Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Problem with LaTex

1. Jan 15, 2010 #1
    Hello,

I have been using the LaTex commands for my equations in my posts, but ever since yesterday whenever I use a greek symbol, I end up with an integral symbol.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

I am using Internet Explorer version 7 on a Dell machine with Windows XP for the OS.

Thanks
    Matt

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2010 #2

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

1. Clear your cookies.

2. Don't make mistakes. The LaTeX capability stopped being robust to user errors a while ago.

3. You might want to think of using something other than Internet Exploder, particularly a four year old exploder.

4. Jan 15, 2010 #3
    D H thanks for the information however, I cleared all cookies and switched to using Mozilla version 3.5 and the problem still remains.

Anything else that I can do?

Thanks
    Matt

5. Jan 15, 2010 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Seems to work okay for me in the EE forum (Vista + IE7)

6. Jan 15, 2010 #5
    So when you type something like \omega you get an integral?

what if you do a \partial or a \frac?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. Jan 16, 2010 #6
    waht,

No matter what symbol I select from the reference pallete, I end up with an integral symbol.

I don't what to do. I tried D H's instructions and that didn't work.

Thanks
    Matt

8. Jan 16, 2010 #7

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Please show some LaTeX code you are having problems with.

I suspect it is erroneous. When you preview a post that contains some erroneous LaTeX code, the preview will not show the bad LaTeX code icon, which is what used to happen. It will instead show some random stuff, usually a LaTex image from some valid LaTeX code that you previously generated.

9. Jan 16, 2010 #8
    That is exactly what is happening. The last post that I used the LaTex commands in, I used the integral symbol.

I can generate some examples, but not until Monday. My work computer is the one with the problem and I am at home now.

Thanks
    Matt

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook