Problem with my Treadmill

• Thread starter rahulkhajuria
  • Start date
In summary, the Treadmill's belt moved to one side and the belt was replaced. The Treadmill has started acting strangely since then. The problem is evident even to this day.
rahulkhajuria
I am a person in India . I bought a Treadmill from an Indian Company called “Pro Bodyline Fitness” about 5-6 years ago . In India , the Voltage fluctuates from 215 to 245 Volts & my Treadmill’s Manual says it takes in 200 Volts +/- 10 % . I Hardly used my Treadmill regularly till a few months back . About a month back , the belt moved over more to one side & I kept using the Treadmill in this condition . As a result the Belt wore & I got it replaced from a technician . He did not use any lubricant while replacing the belt . However ,after getting the belt replaced ,my treadmill has started acting strangely . When I press the start button on the Console , sometimes it starts at the proper speed but at other times , it starts at full speed & then stops after a few seconds. When it starts at Full Speed the Error Condition shown on the Console is “ER03” . I have been supplied with a Xeroxed short version of the User Manual . (Only a few pages thick) . I looked up this in the Manual & it says this Error means “Speed Error Too Much” . Further, as for the treatment of the Error , it says “Self-Testing or connecting Professional Service Station” . A few days back when I started it , it started just right but after 10-15 minutes , it suddenly stopped . And a few seconds after that , it restarted at the same speed that I had set it to .

I called up the same technician but he couldn’t really diagnize the problem & said to simply pull off the safety plug & then plug it back in when this happens . However , doing this doesn’t really solve the problem .

Any guesses as to what the problem could be & how to go about diagnosing it ? Could one part that has become damaged , damage other parts in a Treadmill (Like the human body wherein sometimes one organ failure causes multiple organ failure) ? Which part or parts , if in a damaged state , can damage other parts in a treadmill ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hard to say without looking into the treadmill, but Bodyline machines are not worth spending on. I had a motorised treadmill couple of years back. After the free 1-year service, the motor got burnt, and had to be replaced twice before we finally threw it away. In your case, there might be a problem with the MCB.

The belt moving to the side is caused by the front and back roller bars not being parallel to each other and to the bend of the belt - my treadmill (different mfr than yours) has an adjustment screw on the back roller bar.

I am going to guess speed error is not something you can service - its likely there is a component on the control board that is bad and either the setpoint is stuck to max on the user control panel or the input to the stepper controller is stuck to max (that may be a distinction without a difference). The only thing I that occurs to me you might try, based on my tongue-in-cheek rule number one of electronic system debug being "plug it in" (rule number two is "turn it on") is to dis-assemble the treadmill control panel from the body and make sure all of the connectors are well seated, then re-assemble.

If the control board is mostly discrete components and you have a schematic you might be able to dig deeper into it; my experience obtaining schematics for treadmill control boards is zero, for what that is worth.

Maybe the replacement belt is not sufficiently parallel or is slack and needs to be adjusted.

Check to see if a speed sensor, or mounting, near one of the rollers was damaged when the belt was changed. That would explain the intermittent speed problems.

Likes sysprog
Has anyone noticed this problem arose over 7 years ago? The offending contraption is almost certainly rusting in a landfill somewhere.

BoB

rbelli1 said:
Has anyone noticed this problem arose over 7 years ago?

yeah, it was one of those unanswered thread tidyups :wink:

Likes rbelli1
rbelli1 said:
Has anyone noticed this problem arose over 7 years ago?
True, but the problem is evident even to this day. At least with the brand the OP has mentioned.

What are the common problems with a treadmill?

The most common problems with a treadmill include belt slippage, motor issues, electrical problems, and uneven running surface.

How can I fix a treadmill that is not turning on?

If your treadmill is not turning on, check the power source and make sure it is plugged in properly. If the power source is not the issue, there may be a problem with the circuit breaker or fuse. You can also try resetting the treadmill by unplugging it and plugging it back in after a few minutes.

Why is my treadmill belt slipping?

If your treadmill belt is slipping, it could be due to improper tension or a worn out belt. Check the tension of the belt and adjust it if necessary. If the belt is worn out, it may need to be replaced.

How can I fix a treadmill with an uneven running surface?

To fix an uneven running surface on a treadmill, first make sure the machine is on a level surface. If it is, then check the alignment of the belt and adjust it accordingly. You may also need to lubricate the belt or replace it if it is worn out.

What are some ways to maintain my treadmill?

To maintain your treadmill, make sure to clean the machine regularly and keep the area around it free of debris. Check the belt tension and alignment regularly and lubricate the belt as needed. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for maintenance and servicing.