Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with my Treadmill

1. Aug 28, 2012 #1
    I am a person in India . I bought a Treadmill from an Indian Company called “Pro Bodyline Fitness” about 5-6 years ago . In India , the Voltage fluctuates from 215 to 245 Volts & my Treadmill’s Manual says it takes in 200 Volts +/- 10 % . I Hardly used my Treadmill regularly till a few months back . About a month back , the belt moved over more to one side & I kept using the Treadmill in this condition . As a result the Belt wore & I got it replaced from a technician . He did not use any lubricant while replacing the belt . However ,after getting the belt replaced ,my treadmill has started acting strangely . When I press the start button on the Console , sometimes it starts at the proper speed but at other times , it starts at full speed & then stops after a few seconds. When it starts at Full Speed the Error Condition shown on the Console is “ER03” . I have been supplied with a Xeroxed short version of the User Manual . (Only a few pages thick) . I looked up this in the Manual & it says this Error means “Speed Error Too Much” . Further, as for the treatment of the Error , it says “Self-Testing or connecting Professional Service Station” . A few days back when I started it , it started just right but after 10-15 minutes , it suddenly stopped . And a few seconds after that , it restarted at the same speed that I had set it to .

I called up the same technician but he couldn’t really diagnize the problem & said to simply pull off the safety plug & then plug it back in when this happens . However , doing this doesn’t really solve the problem .

Any guesses as to what the problem could be & how to go about diagnosing it ? Could one part that has become damaged , damage other parts in a Treadmill (Like the human body wherein sometimes one organ failure causes multiple organ failure) ? Which part or parts , if in a damaged state , can damage other parts in a treadmill ?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted