Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with OFDM system

1. Nov 1, 2010 #1
    Hi guys, I am currently working with my OFDM system. My back-to-back system works in perfect condition.

My OFDM was done with 16-QAM, 72 subcarrier carries data and 56 carrier zero (zero padding) total 128 subcarries, then IFFT and DAC, then upconverting it to 1 GHz. Perfect back-to-back system.

But when I include a laser model in my program to make optical OFDM, there is a phase shift at the constellation point after FFT at the receiver, the laser model is a nonlinear ODE model. Can anyone please advice what I should!

I am really lost, I even try to compensate the phase shift which is about 45 degree, but at every loop the phase shift varies, like 45, and then 135, it just jumps with a difference of 90 degrees.

Please advice me on this. If you dont understand my explanation, please let me know, I will explain in more detail.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted