Is the Samsung A12 known for having issues with older SIM cards?

• Thread starter Delta2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Smartphone
In summary: When your calling is blocked, can you still send/receive texts, or does that not work too?When your calling is blocked, you can still send/receive texts.
Delta2
Insights Author
Gold Member
My smartphone seems to have a very weird problem, when ever the battery drops below 35%-30% it "loses" the sim card so I can't make or receive calls?
The fix is to first recharge it fully and then turn it off and switch it back on

It is a Samsung A12
Is this a known problem for A12s? Or perhaps it is a problem with sim card which I transfer from my old smartphone and the sim card is 7 years old (A12 is 1 year old).

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried just restarting the phone instead of charging it first?

When your calling is blocked, can you still send/receive texts, or does that not work too?

berkeman said:
Have you tried just restarting the phone instead of charging it first?
Yes it just doesn't work, I have to charge it first
berkeman said:
When your calling is blocked, can you still send/receive texts, or does that not work too?
Nope I can't.

Delta2 said:
Is this a known problem for A12s? Or perhaps it is a problem with sim card which I transfer from my old smartphone and the sim card is 7 years old (A12 is 1 year old).
You may do better on Samsung forums. It sounds like it could be the phone or the SIM.

One way to test is to insert a different SIM. Do you have a family member or friend who would let you try their SIM for 5 minutes?

anorlunda said:
You may do better on Samsung forums. It sounds like it could be the phone or the SIM.

One way to test is to insert a different SIM. Do you have a family member or friend who would let you try their SIM for 5 minutes?
Nope I don't have access to another SIM card.

Have you tried throwing it against a stone or marble wall and stomping on it with Tap Dance Shoes? This will do a factory reset keeping data intact. Samsung alternatives say you can also drop it from a building of at least 10 stories, and then you won't have to dance on it.

If it does not look like the example below, you did it wrong. You can thank me later.

• Wow
Likes Delta2
Samsung-Galaxy-A12-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Reparation-31082021-1-p.jpg
Samsung-Galaxy-A12-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Reparation-31082021-1-p.jpg

1. What kind of issues can older SIM cards have with the Samsung A12?

Older SIM cards may have compatibility issues with the Samsung A12, resulting in poor network connectivity, dropouts, or even total loss of service.

2. How can I tell if my SIM card is too old for the Samsung A12?

If your SIM card is more than a few years old, it may not be compatible with the Samsung A12. You can check the age of your SIM card by contacting your mobile carrier or checking the SIM card itself for a manufacture date.

3. Can I use an older SIM card with the Samsung A12 if I have it cut to fit?

No, cutting an older SIM card to fit the Samsung A12 may not solve compatibility issues. The SIM card may still not be able to properly communicate with the phone's hardware.

4. Are there any workarounds for using an older SIM card with the Samsung A12?

Some users have reported success in using an older SIM card with the Samsung A12 by updating the phone's software and resetting network settings. However, this is not a guaranteed solution and it may still be best to use a newer SIM card.

5. Will the Samsung A12 have issues with all older SIM cards?

Not all older SIM cards will have issues with the Samsung A12. Some may work fine, while others may have compatibility problems. It is recommended to use a newer SIM card to ensure optimal performance.