Ads Not Working | Help Support PF's Income

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of ads appearing on the website and how they are only supposed to be visible to those who have not made a contribution or are not logged in. Some users are experiencing issues with the ads appearing even though they are logged in, while others suggest using an ad blocker to avoid seeing them. It is also mentioned that the website's income may be affected if the ads are not visible to all users.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Instead of the usual ads, I get

Not Found

The requested URL /pagead/ads was not found on this server.

I tried firefox and IE, but it is the same error.

Not that I personally care about having ads, but I don't want to see PF lose it's income :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought HHs and SAs didn't see ads?

jhae2.718 said:
I thought HHs and SAs didn't see ads?

You have to make a contribution to miss the ads. Pull down the Upgrade menu.

Ads are back for me. Don't know what happened though...

Can't you just use an ad blocker? :confused:

He doesn't have problem with ads, he reports software problem on the server side.

micromass said:
Ads are back for me. Don't know what happened though...

I had a similar problem until I realized it was just a senior moment. If you browse without logging in you get the Ads...

1. Why are the ads on PF not working?

The ads on PF may not be working due to several reasons. It could be a technical issue with the website, an ad blocker preventing the ads from loading, or a problem with the ad network. It is best to contact PF's support team for further assistance.

2. How do the ads on PF generate income?

The ads on PF generate income through a process called pay-per-click (PPC). Advertisers pay PF for every click on their ads, and PF receives a portion of that payment. This is how they are able to offer their services for free.

3. What can I do to help support PF's income?

There are several things you can do to help support PF's income. You can disable your ad blocker while using the website, click on the ads that interest you, or share PF's website with others. You can also consider becoming a premium member, as this provides additional income for PF.

4. Are there any alternative ways to support PF's income?

Yes, there are alternative ways to support PF's income. You can make a donation to the website, purchase merchandise from their online store, or become a sponsor. These options provide direct income to PF and help keep the website running.

5. How important are the ads for PF's income?

The ads are crucial for PF's income as they provide a significant portion of their revenue. Without the ads, PF may not be able to sustain its operations and offer its services for free. Therefore, it is important to support the ads to ensure the longevity of the website.