Help Needed: Problem with Chat and Ignored Member

• Thread starter reenmachine
  • Start date
In summary, a member in the chatroom has ignored the speaker for a couple of weeks and this issue only started occurring recently. Whenever the speaker or the ignored member enters the chatroom, a pop-up window appears stating that the ignored member is ignoring their messages. This causes the chat to freeze and the speaker is unable to type or close the window, forcing them to restart the chat. The speaker has tried reconnecting seven times, but the problem persists. They ask for any help with this issue and make a lighthearted comment about the ignored member's preference for Lord of the Rings.
reenmachine
Gold Member
A member in the chat has me on ignored , now I know it's been a couple of weeks since he has ignored me and this problem never occurred during that time.What happens is that when I enter the chatroom or when he enters the chat room , a window pop-up appears informing me that "XXX is ignoring your messages".Now that wouldn't bother me at all , except that everytime this happens , the chat freezes and I am not capable of closing the windows or even typing anything in the chat , so I have to close it and restart.Right now I've tried 7 times to reconnect and each and everytime this problem has occured.

Any help on that?

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you should start liking Lord of the Rings...

this isn't an option

1. What is the problem with the chat feature?

The problem with the chat feature is that it is not working properly for some users, specifically when trying to chat with an ignored member.

2. How do I know if I am experiencing this issue?

If you are unable to chat with a member who you have previously ignored, then you are most likely experiencing this problem.

3. Is this issue affecting all users?

No, this issue seems to be affecting only a small number of users. It is not a widespread issue.

4. What could be causing this problem?

It is difficult to determine the exact cause of this issue without further investigation. It could be a glitch in the system or a bug in the chat feature.

5. How can this issue be resolved?

The best course of action would be to report the issue to the website's technical support team. They will be able to investigate and fix the problem for you.