Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problems accessing PF

1. Sep 5, 2011 #1

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've been getting a lot of error messages like "bad gateway" or "gateway timeout" lately. When it happens, I'm unable to access PF for a few minutes. But I can access other sites. Does anyone else have these problems or is it just me?

I have also occassionally had a different, but possibly related, problem when I'm previewing my posts. I have to wait for my browser (FF6) to access some web site. Sometimes it's physicsforums.com, but usually it's something I've never heard of. I've seen lots of different URLs appear in the lower left corner. I assume that they are the URLs that advertisements are loaded from. The reason I say that it's possibly related is that the last time I had to wait for 10 seconds or so at each preview, after a while I got one of those annoying gateway messages instead.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2011 #2
    We are aware of the issue and investigating. thanks

4. Sep 6, 2011 #3
    fyi, keep me updated if this is still happening

5. Sep 7, 2011 #4

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problems today. Thanks. I'll let you know if it comes back.

6. Sep 7, 2011 #5

turbo

Gold Member

I have had a number of the 502 messages in the past months, but those seem to have resolved, somehow. I'm sure that there is not too much PF traffic from my ISP's root address, so perhaps Greg's tools took care of that.

7. Sep 7, 2011 #6

rhody

Gold Member

502's for me this early am EST, around 6 am or so.

Rhody...

8. Sep 9, 2011 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Database problems about 30 minutes ago, lasted at least 10 minutes if not longer.

9. Sep 9, 2011 #8

Doc Al

Yep. Me too.

10. Sep 9, 2011 #9

Borek

Now there was a bunch of gateway problems.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook