Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Problems accessing PF

1. Apr 6, 2017 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

It's been for a year now that I don't have access to PF! I asked my ISP about this problem but they told me it's not a blocked site in my region I can only open PF via VPN but the speed is usually slow , so I prefer not to surf the net through VPN. I assume the problem is because of "https" but I'm not sure since I have access to other websites like google!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2017 #2
    Hi Lisa, can you be specific? What happens when you try to access?

4. Apr 7, 2017 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

After some minutes I receive a "The connection has timed out" error!

5. Apr 7, 2017 #4
    Have you tried other browsers? Cleared their cache and cookies?

6. Apr 7, 2017 #5
    Sometimes I get this, not only with PF but more generally with sites that are usually no problem.
    In my case I think it's caused by a traffic overload, probably within the systems of my ISP.
    I found that this is almost always solved by switching off my router for a couple of minutes then restarting it.
    That mean I get a new IP address, so the routing of packets to me takes a different path, one that is most likely unaffected by whatever the cause of the traffic jam was.

7. Apr 8, 2017 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Yes, I tried everything! :oldfrown:
    Never mind!I think it's my internet provider fault but they don't want to accept.

8. Apr 8, 2017 #7
    Do you traceroute and if the signal dies on their end you have proof.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted