Problems began with Israel.

• News
  • Thread starter tumor
  • Start date
MiGUi said:
We have to do something to blow muslims from the map. Its they or us.

Looks to me like in your veins still flows little bit of that reconquista blood.

kat
jcsd said:
I'd like to know wher you get this from, because alot of that is highly contentious to say the least. The crusaders destroyed Hebron's Jewish population when they arrived in the 13th century. After the Crusaders left there wer sevral Jewish settlemnts of Hebron, but there is no evidnce of continious Jewish settlemnt of Hebron throughout this period until the arrival in the 19th century of a Jewish community from what is now the Gaza Strip.

I have to admitt that I didn't know there was small jewish settelmt between 1931 and 1935
I actually pulled this off my hard drive, it's something I had put together awhile ago. I believe it came primarily from the discovery channel, pbs, israel myths and facts and the israeli ministry of affairs. I try to use multiple sources to check one another and confirm each other. I'm curious as to what specificly you find "highly contentious"?

kat
MiGUi said:
We have to do something to blow muslims from the map. Its they or us.
There's just no room for this type of crap. A majority of muslims just want to live their lives like everyone else, work, raise their famlies and in general get along with their neighbors. I think it'd be far more productive to just blow all of the bigots off the face of the earth and then see if maybe we can all get some peace and quiet for awhile.

Jenab
Science Advisor
russ_watters said:
Well, you got one thing right: [almost] All of the trouble in the middle east comes from the arabs' desire to annihilate Israel. A little comes from the corruption that goes with having oil though.
They have reason. The Arabs were living on the land, albeit under the oppression of the Turks, as the 20th century began. Then the British came with WW1, chased away the Turks and made promises to the Arabs in Palestine as well as contrary promises to the Jews in London. Guess which promises were kept? All that has changed, really, is that the USA took over as the Zionists' major backer. The game all along has been Jews push, Arabs fall down. Jews shoot, Arabs throw a few rocks. Jews kill 10 Arabs, 3 of them children, while Arabs kill maybe 1 Jew in reprisal. And when there's an occasional Westerner who gets in the way, as Rachel Corrie and Tab Hurndall did, the Zionist international propaganda machine goes into high gear with lies and distortions.

My impression is that the Arabs are in the moral right. Violent they may be, but I'd be violent too, were I in their place.

Jerry Abbott

Jenab said:
My impression is that the Arabs are in the moral right. Violent they may be, but I'd be violent too, were I in their place.
You would also be violent as an Israeli, confronted with a violent arab. You would kill you wife for cheating on you, your daughter for having premarital intercourse. Hey we can all understand why you'd want to kill them all, but its WRONG.

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The game all along has been Jews push, Arabs fall down. Jews shoot, Arabs throw a few rocks.
Really? So you're saying the Arabs never started any wars with Israel? They've mostly been doormats letting Israelis do whatever they want?

All 3 arab-israeli wars were either a) started by Israel or b) started by Arab countries in response to Israeli agression. People have an image of Arabs being terrorist because of suicide bombers etc. but what is the difference between a suicide bomber and an israeli tank running over a house? Honestly what the hell gave Israel the right to invade Lebanon and pound Beirut inthe 80's ?

tumor said:
Looks to me like in your veins still flows little bit of that reconquista blood.
Hmm, maybe. In 14-15-16th century, here we knew very well how to do with that people. Today maybe not.

gravenewworld said:
All 3 arab-israeli wars were either a) started by Israel or b) started by Arab countries in response to Israeli agression. People have an image of Arabs being terrorist because of suicide bombers etc. but what is the difference between a suicide bomber and an israeli tank running over a house? Honestly what the hell gave Israel the right to invade Lebanon and pound Beirut inthe 80's ?

Firstly, you are now back tracking, and I am pointing it out. You just changed your original statement. ARAB COUNTRIES HAVE ATTACKED ISRAEL FIRST. Now you add the caveat of "Israeli Aggression", but we'll get back to that flawed hypocritical justification in a second.

To educate you, the reason that Israel invaded Lebanon in the 1980's was, to use YOUR words, ARAB aggression. More specifically the PLO training forces, stationing and stockpiling in Southern Lebanon, and then breaking the 11 month cease fire (the most notable of incidents that resumed fighting being the killing of an Israeli officer).The attempted assasination of Israel's ambassador led to the pounding of Beirut, where the strongholds were. The response to this pounding was shelling of Israeli cities with mortars. Israel then invaded to cut off the artillery and mortar attacks.

You justify the Arab actions, by citing Israeli aggression, but then do not condemn the Arabs for their aggression.

Both sides are in the wrong. I am going to flat out say that ANYONE who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. To continually try to justify one side or the other is to ignore the facts, and the possibility of a solution.

Israel should just give up the land the "Arabs" want! Why not?

Mirabilia said:
Israel should just give up the land the "Arabs" want! Why not?
Sure, that's all the reasoning in the world that is needed.
Guess what, I want Canada to be part of the USA. They should just give it up. Why not?

phatmonky said:
Sure, that's all the reasoning in the world that is needed.
Guess what, I want Canada to be part of the USA. They should just give it up. Why not?
Nooooooooo!!!!!! :cry:

kawikdx225 said:
Nooooooooo!!!!!! :cry:
Shutup, give us your pountine and Tim Horton's!!!

phatmonky said:
Shutup, give us your pountine and Tim Horton's!!!
The reason I said Noooo is because I'm from the US. lol

Take-off...eh

russ_watters
Mentor
kat, all that is pretty interesting, but I'm mostly concerned with what happened after WWII. I don't think it changes the basic problem though: the Jews are there and the Arabs don't want them there, so the Arabs are (depending on which ones you ask) trying to drive them out or trying to kill them.

Oh yaaa i accept what tumor says.It is a state in which the palestinians are desparate and they donot know what to do and the world calls this terrorism but no heed is paid what israili soldiers do. We must see what motivates these palestinians to blow them selves.It is simply the life which they r facing.They think it is better to die like a lion than to stay hiding and act as a jackle.

russ_watters
Mentor
Qyamat said:
They think it is better to die like a lion than to stay hiding and act as a jackle.
There is nothing even remotely honorable about murder.

Which is why bush should be arrested.