1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problems for AP Physics C

1. Nov 3, 2015 #1
    Hello,

Currently, I attend one of the most difficult HS in America (magnet school, ranks in top 10; won't specify for privacy) and I am currently taking AP Physics C without any prior physics knowledge. I have the hardest teacher among them all (apparently taught at MIT before). His problems for the test are really difficult and the problems we receive for homework/practice are textbook problems from Tipler and Halliday. I currently use the Tipler textbook to study prior to class (is this fine?) Where can I find more difficult problems that test you on Physics C knowledge, that go beyond the textbook problems, yet stay within the concepts of the AP (or the course in general)? The textbook problems are a joke compared to his tests. Also, I currently struggle in circular motion, which occasionally comes up with each concepts. I really have to understand them to heart, to know what to do in the problems my teacher gives.

We finished kinematics and forces and we will be studying on work/energy tomorrow.

Also, is there any other tips, or useful videos/guides out there?

I can send you the test problems if that helps with the level difficulty (I will probably be getting back my forces test this week -- so let me know). Most of the questions in the forces test was circular motion, so I struggled.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2015 #2
    Halliday/Resnick/Krane has two volumes that are on par with Kleppner and Kolenkow's book on mechanics, but cover both Mechanics and E&M, so they'd be a good choice for Physics C imo.

You could also use Kleppner/Kolenkow if you've already had a calculus course, and Purcell for E&M if you're currently enrolled in a Calculus 3 course somewhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook