Problems lately with downloading

• Thread starter UpQuark
  • Start date
In summary, the person is having trouble with downloading large files because their Windows partition is getting full. They are unsure of how to direct temporary files to another drive to prevent this issue. They ask for help in finding a solution and are grateful for the advice given.
UpQuark
Hey there, I have quick question for anybody willing to help me out.

I have been having some problems lately with downloading ont omy PC. now, when I built it I set up two partitions, one for XP, the other for everything else. The problem is, that my Windows Partition is getting full...drivers, and all that other stuff. I wouldn't think that was a problem because I usually save everything to my other paririon anyway, but now that the drive space is depleting, I am finding that I am unable to download large files. Iwatched while i was trying to download a fiel and even though I told it the darget was in the other partition, it still took away space form the primary drive first...(temporay files?)
My question is, how do Ikeep it from using that space eve nwhile downloading? Is there a way to direct temporary files into another drive?
Any way would be helpful. I think maybe I just did not leave enough room on that drive. 4 gigs seemed like enoguh. Can I move the drivers etc, without wrecking their functionality?

I am way out of my league with this one, so please, if you know better, help.

thanks,
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Tools->Internet Options->General Tab->Temporary Internet files/Settings-> Move Folder

Thank you so much. Gets me feeling kind of dumb. never was too up with the software. anyway, thanks a lot.

What could be causing problems with downloading?

There are a few potential causes for issues with downloading, such as a poor internet connection, server issues, or incompatible software.

Why is my download taking so long?

The download speed can be affected by a variety of factors, including the file size, internet connection, and server load. It may also depend on the source of the download and the number of people currently downloading the same file.

What can I do if my download keeps failing?

If your download is consistently failing, you can try using a different internet browser or clearing your browser's cache. You can also check for any updates to your software or temporarily disable any antivirus software that may be blocking the download.

How can I fix incomplete or corrupt downloads?

Incomplete or corrupt downloads can be fixed by redownloading the file, or if possible, downloading from a different source. You can also try using a download manager to help resume interrupted downloads.

Are there any precautions I should take when downloading files?

It is always important to be cautious when downloading files from the internet. Make sure to only download from trusted sources and to scan any downloaded files with antivirus software before opening them. Additionally, be aware of any potential scams or malicious links that may try to trick you into downloading harmful files.