1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problems of control and automation, help please

1. May 12, 2013 #1
    Problems of control and automation, help please!!!

2. What are the 4 classes of programming languages of PLC?

3. How to illustrate the meaning of control system in control and automation system?

4. How to illustrate the major role of CPU in a PLC and what is the major role of CPU?

5. How to illustrate the major role of volatile memory and non-volatile in a PLC and what is the major role of volatile memory and non-volatile?

6. An on-off controller is used to control the temperature of a process. The cycling amplitude is reduced by making the two heating rates very close to average required for normal operation. What are the disadvantages on this set up?

Q2, Q4-Q5<= I can't find the relative answers from the Internet.

Q6) Is it there will cause danger on disadvantage?

Because these are not calculation, I can't show the step and I don't know how to show it.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2013 #2
    Q2. switch level, Gate level, Behavioral level ???? Is't correct?
    Q3. How to illustrate?? I still not know
    Q4. The function of CPU in PLC are communication with the memory, perform logic and arithmetic operations, updating the inputs and outputs. Is't correct?? Besides, how to illustrate that?
    Q5. PLC uses a volatile memory with a backup battery. PLC uses a non-volatile memory for frequently used for a particular application and required faster setup.
    Correct or wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted