I'm having probs reformatting a computer with win 2000
every time I put the win 2000 disk in to install windows I a gray box comes up: this installation must be installed to run. Plz run Setup fron the location where is originally installed the application
the win 2000 disk wasn't a bootable disk the reason it wouldn't boot so I had to create startup boot floppies and then finally got to the setup mode. Instead of reformatting, it gave an option to do a repair which I did and it is working a lot better now. I downloaded and installed avg and spybot both of which would not install before. avg discovered and got rid of some viruses and now it seems to be working ok.
I wasn't asking if you could install an OS over a network or from one computer to another. My question was, "can xp be installed in a computer that came with windows me?" I now understand that it can, but needs more memory to run properly.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving